The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances of me getting an offer (weird circumstance)?

Here is my situation:
I am currently studying at Manchester university for Computing. However, during the last month or so, i have grown to really dislike the course and so want to apply to LSE (and other unis of course) for Maths and stats. (Business maths and stats for LSE). I was wondering if applying to LSE while at Manchester uni would disadvantage me?

The reason i am still staying in manchester is i want to drop into lectures which still interest me and to learn new maths which will be helpful if i do get into a maths and stats degree. Here are my grades:

GCSEs-5A* 2A's 1B
FSMQ Additional Maths-A
A-levels-A*A*AA in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry
Reply 1
how is this a weird circumstance?

You want to drop out an then reapply next year...

I don't even think LSE will know you are at Manchester, you will have to apply through UCAS like you did last year. But unless you specify on your ps that you are going to drop out of Manchester I don't think they will know.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by dean01234
how is this a weird circumstance?

You want to drop out an then reapply next year...

I don't even think LSE will know you are at Manchester, you will have to apply through UCAS like you did last year. But unless you specify on your ps that you are going to drop out of Manchester I don't think they will know.

No i want to drop out at the end of the year and i am applying to LSE this year. In other words I am applying to LSE WHILE i am at Manchester
Original post by Xyrish
No i want to drop out at the end of the year and i am applying to LSE this year. In other words I am applying to LSE WHILE i am at Manchester

Seems fine. If A*A*AA isn't good enough, what is? :smile: Make sure you get a glowing report from your Manchester tutors :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Xyrish

Why? The courses are completely different and its not like you have paid for the whole year and you need to stay to get your moneys worth.
I did basically the same thing, but I just changed uni and not subject. It's not a weird circumstance at all, it was really simple for me, so you probably won't have many problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending