The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology: Correlational study

Hi (:
I was given some Psych homework to complete the other day and I've just taken a look at it. I have no idea what to put -_- I've looked through my textbook...zilch.

The question that's stumped me is this: "Design a correlational study to investigate the relationship between stress and illness. You should include sufficient detail to permit the replication of your study. (12 marks)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :colondollar:
Original post by Natashaaa(:
Hi (:
I was given some Psych homework to complete the other day and I've just taken a look at it. I have no idea what to put -_- I've looked through my textbook...zilch.

The question that's stumped me is this: "Design a correlational study to investigate the relationship between stress and illness. You should include sufficient detail to permit the replication of your study. (12 marks)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :colondollar:

This is similar to the sawmill research that we looked at during Unit 2 (AQA) for Stress, I think. You measure stress by the amount of a protein, or hormone in the urine/saliva of your participants- the idea being that stress can cause hypertension resulting in the presence of said hormone. The greater the amount, the more stress.

From that you can then look at the number of illnesses they have had in the last 6-months. The sawmill study looked at the amount of time the workers had off due to illness.

Hope it helps.
Reply 2
Thanks (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending