The Student Room Group

When's the earliest you can apply to uni?

I know you can apply now, but when was the earliest you could've applied by for 2013 entry?

If I apply c. end of November/ middle of December is that considered early/normal/late?

I'm getting worried as I'm still writing my personal statement and I'm not at school/college as I'm in full time work!
Reply 1
Original post by mrgrant141291
I know you can apply now, but when was the earliest you could've applied by for 2013 entry?

If I apply c. end of November/ middle of December is that considered early/normal/late?

I'm getting worried as I'm still writing my personal statement and I'm not at school/college as I'm in full time work!

I think it opened in early October. My application went off just before Christmas last year and I got four offers so don't worry about it too much. I also know people who didn't apply until after the New Year and they still got places too. I don't think they give places on a first come, first served basis so it is better to take a bit more time and get your personal statement just right rather than rushing it.
You can apply on UCAS from the summer before the year you want to begin university (or even two years before if you wish to defer your application). You cannot however send the application until September 1st at the earliest.

You still have plenty of time to get your application off. Many people are known to have sent it the day before the deadline and still got five offers (one case from five Russell Groups universities!!)

Do not panic, just make sure your personal statement, application and reference are as strong as possible and you will be absolutely fine. :smile:
Reply 3
It was the middle of September this year that you could send off your application. I think generally the sooner you send it off the better although this isn't always the case. Most Universities will deal with applications as they get them and will make offers and hold interviews before the January deadline, but some will wait until after the deadline before they start making offers etc.

It also depends on how popular/competitive the course/s you are applying for are as well. I have an interview for one of the courses I applied for at the beginning of December but they are also holding interviews in January and February as well so I probably won't gain much if any advantage by applying earlier. I wouldn't leave it until the last minute though, you wont gain any advantage by doing that.

I think November/December would be a fairly normal time to apply.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for all your responses!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending