The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I hate to say but, sooner or later you will have to move out, one way or the other. Try explaining to your parents what they are doing is wrong. If they do not listen then I strongly recommend you move out. Your not running away, your simply standing up on your own two feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Girl786yorkshire
I dont want to leave my beautiful religion its all tradtion and culture problems

Original post by samraf
it happens a lot in pakistan and partly india. its nothing to do with religion although thats what the parents call it

Have you ever read the qu'ran? In all due respect if Muhammad was in the UK today he would have a long list of criminal charges.

Human right violations
Working women should be sexually molested
Muhammad was a pedophile

Seriously the only reason you are muslim is because your parents told you to be one. Just leave religion altogether. In North Korea they worship Kim Jong un and believe stuff like their leader never uses the toilet etc.

I'm not saying Catholics etc have got it right but to be it looks like this religion was set up long ago by people who needed an excuse to use people and oppress women. The truth hurts and I know its hard but there is no evidence to show that your religion is true. And in the Quran it states that Islam is the only true religion and all others are fake. Doesn't that look like it was made up BS? If you are a true muslim then you have to believe that all other religions are fake and if you kill a non Muslim, Allah will be very happy with you. Do you honestly believe that?

If you still want to remain muslim and your parents believe in the Quran just show them this. Luckily for you the Quran says that women cannot be forced to marry. If your parents are true muslims they have to agree to that as it says so in the Quran
Original post by Girl786yorkshire
I cant scare them of killing myself they know i wouldnt
Reply 62
I know people who in the same situation made their mind up and left. They're happy now. Keep someone you trust posted- they'll be your 'security blanket' if your family tries funny stuff. Give yourself a chance. Live your own life, not what others choose for you.
Reply 63
Original post by MsCourtney
Have you ever read the qu'ran? In all due respect if Muhammad was in the UK today he would have a long list of criminal charges.

Human right violations
Working women should be sexually molested
Muhammad was a pedophile

Seriously the only reason you are muslim is because your parents told you to be one. Just leave religion altogether. In North Korea they worship Kim Jong un and believe stuff like their leader never uses the toilet etc.

I'm not saying Catholics etc have got it right but to be it looks like this religion was set up long ago by people who needed an excuse to use people and oppress women. The truth hurts and I know its hard but there is no evidence to show that your religion is true. And in the Quran it states that Islam is the only true religion and all others are fake. Doesn't that look like it was made up BS? If you are a true muslim then you have to believe that all other religions are fake and if you kill a non Muslim, Allah will be very happy with you. Do you honestly believe that?

If you still want to remain muslim and your parents believe in the Quran just show them this. Luckily for you the Quran says that women cannot be forced to marry. If your parents are true muslims they have to agree to that as it says so in the Quran

Honestly I don't think telling her that Islam is the reason for her problems is helping at all. She is obviously happy to be a Muslim so who are you to tell her to leave Islam?
You can bring up arguments about Islam being the problem from all the websites you like but the problem doesn't lie with the religion. I know many people whose lives have been destroyed because they were brought up in devout catholic families and there's people everywhere that use religion as a motive or justification of their actions and ideas. There's plenty of Muslims that practice Islam who aren't oppressive or sexist. There's billions of Muslims in the world, if every single Muslim was the same as this girl's parents you could then blame Islam. The problem isn't with her or anyone else's religion, it's with the people themselves. Bringing up a bunch of Google results trying to show her that her religion is fake isn't going to help her at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending