The Student Room Group

pregnant and don't want to keep it

I am pregnant and I have made a decision to terminate (please don't judge!) but my boyfriend, who is a father of 2 girls in his previous marriage is begging me not to do it. He keeps on saying that he will look after the baby when I decide to go to university to do my nursing degree. He is REALLY good with children, he loves kids but I am not physically or mentally ready or fit to be a mother and he said he will always be with me but he doesn't agree and never will with my decision. I just don't know what else to do! I've rang the clinic to talk about abortion and get some help about my decision and the woman was really nasty to me and I hung up in tears! I just don't feel like anyone is here for me right now! What else can I do? There's no way I will regret this decision because I fully know that I am not ready to go ahead with this pregnancy.
Get as much information about abortion as you can so you'll know exactly what happens, how it's done, and how other women have felt. You'll get a mixture of people saying they either regretted it or they were glad they did it, but it's important that you understand everything you COULD feel afterwards.

It's an awful situation to be in, because you have to consider your partner's views. Why do you want a termination? Is it that you just don't feel ready to be a Mum? Wouldn't be able to look after a child? Are you scared about the physical aspects of pregnancy? It's important that you really talk to your partner about what you're both feeling, and that you come to a final decision that you can both live with.

Is it completely impossible for you to consider having the baby and letting him have custody? I'm not saying you SHOULD, I'm just saying you should talk to him about it and consider it. Of course it would be difficult, but you have to remember that it is his baby too.

Finally, whichever decision you come to, it has to be YOUR decision ultimately. Your partner should have a say, but it is your body and this usually means that it will be your decision at the end of it. Just make sure you've thought about every possible option. An abortion isn't always the end of the story. It can be very hard to come to terms with aborting a foetus, even though so many people make out as though it's go into the clinic and then half an hour later it's all over.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it, I won't judge :smile:.
Reply 2
DO what you want. Think about it. DOn't let him force you into anything. Do you love him? I mean , you will be pretty much stuck with him forever. If he's not ideal now, he might never be. THINK about everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending