The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im so excited :smile:
Ferrus
A week of endless binging. Unless you're an unsociable loser. Like myself. :smile:

So what's it like for you? since i fall in that category.
graveyarddreams

:ditto: though i do try :confused:
Reply 23
graveyarddreams

Well you have several options:

1) Drink alone
2) Walk around aimlessly
3) Read
4) Whatever you feel like doing
5) A mixture of the above
Tuna
Ok I know this will sound so stupid, but what actually is Fresher's Week because I don't have a clue...

Its the first week in uni. At mine we had a freshers fortnight and began a week earlier than everyone else. Its basically a week long party. You spend the days getting over your hangover from the previous night, getting to know the people you live with and working out where everything is, where you hand in your rent money and tuitions fees, getting your timetable, finding out where you lectures are and who you lecturers are. then in the evenings you make your way up to the sub or wherever the events are held and party, have some fun, meet a few more people and make a whole load of friends. On my Freshers week we had all sorts we had things like, a Booze cruise when we got on a boat and sailed around and drank then finished off at a club, we had a hypnotic night where a hypnotist came and hypnotised volunteers, that was very funny (try googling Lo Ried). We also had several fancy dress nights, fancy dress is a big thing at my uni, we had, heroes and villains night, Gladiator night, Carribean night, Baywatch Night (the baywatch theme tune is one of our anthems, also for later on the christmas ball is compulsory fancy dress. Be prepared for a lot of fun.
pendragon
Girls be careful in freshers week, there are lots of predatory 2nd year guys around who have 'f ** k a fresher' competitions to see how many fresher girls they can sleep with.

That doesn't really matter cos if you're anything like me as a fresher you will be having a 'how many uni guys can i get with' comp and then hit the jackpot first night being picked up by a hot mature student who lives in your building.
Ferrus
Well you have several options:

1) Drink alone
2) Walk around aimlessly
3) Read
4) Whatever you feel like doing
5) A mixture of the above

yep. good enough for me. :cool:
Reply 27
Freshers Fortnight for Imperial and UCL medics :wink:
Tuna
Oh ok lol cool. Someone on here said somethin about having to pay for freshers week themselves? What do you pay for??

depends on the uni / the SU and how active and switched on the fresher's week committee are

e.g. the Uni I went to the first time i was in higher education - had a huge program for the fresher's week activties -there was stuff going on 0900 - 0230 every day for a week, a fleet of 30 minibuses, several dobule decker buses, roughly a hundred radios on hire,....

trips, activties, parties, huge pub crawls , gig in the student's union etc etc
as well as theommcially orientated fresher's fair and the clubs and societies fairs ...
hehe like FTB, my freshers week lasted all of 3 days! i didn't go clubbing or anything - not my thing- , but still had a good time, meeting new people, generally hanging out in people's rooms eating doughnuts and stuff like that. i also met my boyfriend (of nearly 18 months now) in those first few days!
Reply 30
pendragon
Girls be careful in freshers week, there are lots of predatory 2nd year guys around who have 'f ** k a fresher' competitions to see how many fresher girls they can sleep with.

Yeah, until people like you ruin it for everyone!

Only kidding, I'm a lovely chap really.

Latest

Trending

Trending