The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Longhairedchild
*gasp*

UNIVERSITY COLLEGE APPLICANT! You and I are few and far between, my friend.

So true! Don't know why, I think it's an awesome college!
Good luck with your english application :smile:
Original post by reena95

I'm also applying for PPE at University college :smile:

Hey!! I'm applying to PPE at St John's. However, the TSA was possibly one of the worst things that has happened to me this year, so...
Reply 82
Original post by Shortofrange
Well I suppose these invitations come by college & not by course? I'm waiting to hear from Trinity (chemistry)

Hey I'm waiting to hear from Trinity for chemistry too!! Might see you at interviews! :smile:
Reply 83
anyone heard anything from St. John's or Economics and Management in general?
the wait is killing me :|
Original post by khushi96
anyone heard anything from St. John's or Economics and Management in general?
the wait is killing me :|

Not for E&M yet and I doubt they'll come before next friday or so, last year people heard around the last week of Novemeber
Original post by tooambitious
Not for E&M yet and I doubt they'll come before next friday or so, last year people heard around the last week of Novemeber

I can confirm that I got my interview invitation on the 24th of November last year..
Good luck everyone! Reading your posts feels like reliving the tension of last year :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by reena95
The PPE website says they send out interview letters on the 29th

http://www.ppe.ox.ac.uk/index.php/ppe-application-calendar

I'm also applying for PPE at University college :smile:

Thanks:smile: I thought this is the latest date they can send it, but apparently not:biggrin: well I should then get a loan for my plane tickets :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 87
I got an interview at Wadham for Biological Sciences. They said in their letter that I will be offered accommodation until the afternoon I am required. They also say I'm required from Mon 3rd of Dec to 4th and maybe 5th. Does this mean I can stay till 5th or if they decided that I won't be having an interview on the 5th they'll ask me to leave? Also, can you bring someone with you? will they be asked to find their own accommodation or can that person stay with me?
Thank you
ps congrats to everyone who got an invitation to interview. Best of luck to us :smile:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
I can confirm that I got my interview invitation on the 24th of November last year..
Good luck everyone! Reading your posts feels like reliving the tension of last year :biggrin:

I thought it was around then :smile:, how exciting/scary: :dance:/:afraid:
:lol:
Original post by Tashaax
Worcesterrrr!! :biggrin::biggrin:
I'm for Geography. How did you find the TSA? :smile:

I ran out of time /: thought it was harder than some of the past year papers and there were quite a few PS questions that I wasn't sure of. Oh well, fingers crossed! You? (:

Original post by Tashaax
Haha me too!! Im praying that in 7 days time I will know SOMETHING! But remember the thread only showed those who actually responded (like 8 maybe) so there was way more out there! Im just so impatient haha :mad::frown:

I know how you feel! It's so exciting but nerve-wrecking at the same time. A few more days and we'll know :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 90
I received my offer for interview many months ago but I have since declined it in favour of studying at Nottingham Trent.
Reply 91
Original post by Rybee
I received my offer for interview many months ago but I have since declined it in favour of studying at Nottingham Trent.

I think you might mean Oxford Brookes...?
Reply 92
Original post by Ophie
I got an interview at Wadham for Biological Sciences. They said in their letter that I will be offered accommodation until the afternoon I am required. They also say I'm required from Mon 3rd of Dec to 4th and maybe 5th. Does this mean I can stay till 5th or if they decided that I won't be having an interview on the 5th they'll ask me to leave? Also, can you bring someone with you? will they be asked to find their own accommodation or can that person stay with me?
Thank you
ps congrats to everyone who got an invitation to interview. Best of luck to us :smile:

I know that nobody can stay with you, but i'm pretty sure you'd be able to stay till the 5th if absolutely necessary :smile:
Reply 93
The wait is sooo painful. Anyone heard from Queens College for biological sciences?
Reply 94
Original post by Tashaax
I think you might mean Oxford Brookes...?

No, I meant Nottingham Trent. A much better University.
Reply 95
Original post by Unidentified
Hey!! I'm applying to PPE at St John's. However, the TSA was possibly one of the worst things that has happened to me this year, so...

Yeah it was really time constraint and I don't think I did the essay very well...
Original post by urbanamore
My friend got a rejection from Cambridge to do Chemical Engineering because her grades were too low - and she's predicted A*A*A, with AAAA last year. It's because she got a B in one of her physics modules...I just found that a bit insane, personally.

SERIOUSLY? was that B in the practical module or an actual paper module?

did she get an A* prediction for Physics tho? fgjkdsfjklsa this is so scary because I got a B in one of my Physics modules as well but it was in the practical module and it was just 2 UMS off! :angry::mad::mad: PLUS i didn't get an A* prediction because my school's Physics department is particularly mean. as in I know someone who got As in all her physics modules in AS and still didn't get an A* prediction. :frown:
I've just received an invitation to Trinity for Chemistry!
Reply 98

Congrats and good job!! :wink:

Congrats! When will you be there?

I'll be deputy team leader of interviews at Trinity for the 4th to the 11th of December, though I suspect you'll be arriving later than this (I'm covering the humanities period, which is normally before the science interviews).

If you have any questions about Trinity/interview procedures feel free to ask.

Latest

Trending

Trending