The Student Room Group

Generic interview questions

'Why would you like to study at this university?'

I'm not too sure how to answer this...is there a list of things you SHOULDN'T say? Like 'it's really high on the league tables so its a good uni to study x' or something?

I just need a few pointers. I need some guidance on how to answer general interview questions like these :colondollar:
Reply 1
I'd avoid saying "because I'm a git." I genuinely did that - it wasn't totally random though :tongue:

Try and come up with something a bit more memorable, they could be interviewing hundreds of people so you want to stand out a little! :smile: although things like positive feedback from students or specific elements of the course would be good answers.

They like asking why you chose that course too. :smile:
Original post by twinlensreflex
I'd avoid saying "because I'm a git." I genuinely did that - it wasn't totally random though :tongue:

How did you manage to do that??? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
How did you manage to do that??? :smile:

Photography interview at Brighton, I'd done a book full of things I'd overheard so I answered the first question they asked me (which was 'why d'you wanna come here') by asking them to pick a number and I read out that quote. There was far worse in there, so coulda been worse :tongue:
Original post by twinlensreflex
Photography interview at Brighton, I'd done a book full of things I'd overheard so I answered the first question they asked me (which was 'why d'you wanna come here') by asking them to pick a number and I read out that quote. There was far worse in there, so coulda been worse :tongue:

LOL. Ah ok, well I realised in my first interview it doesn't have to be like a 3 minute speech or something, so I guess 2-3 reasons should be enough! Thanks though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest