The Student Room Group

How to tackle this situation

Hey folks!

I really like chemistry and physics, was first going to apply nat sci, then chemistry, not both. I want to apply for:

Imperial chemistry
UCL Nat sci
UCL chemistry
Durham Nat sci
and somewhere else for chemistry

But how should I tackle my personal statement? Mixture of both physics and chemistry equally, or weight way more in favour of chemistry. I'm just worried that places like Imperial will be put off from a personal statement that is for natural sciences but I'm applying for chemistry with them.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hmm it's always difficult trying to tailor your personal statement towards two different subjects, inevitably you will be competing with a number of students who have chosen to apply for one single subject across the board and so will be able to go into greater detail as to why they have chosen to study say chemistry than you will be able to.

I would suggest deciding which subject you would like to study most now and then apply to study that subject. Ultimately you will have to make a decision at some point, so why not make that decision now? You will then be able to dedicate your personal statement entirely towards that subject and likely increase your chances of being offered a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending