The Student Room Group

scared to hand in notice at work

Hi guys I'm new here so thought I'd say hi :smile:

I come with a problem, which to me is a biggie because I'm such a worrier! :tongue:
I've recently moved to uni in September , but the course isnt right for me so I've arranged to start at another uni 50 miles away. However I started a part time bar job which was a transfer from my old job back home. Because I'm changing uni I need to leave this so am going in to hand in my notice tomorrow but has anyone got any help on how to do this without sounding rude for messing them around? I'm giving them a weeks notice as stated in my contract and I only work 6 hours a works but I'm still worried :frown: any ideas on how to make this easier? Thanks!
'Hi. I'm changing university to one miles away, so can't work here anymore. Sorry.'
Original post by hayleys0110
Hi guys I'm new here so thought I'd say hi :smile:

I come with a problem, which to me is a biggie because I'm such a worrier! :tongue:
I've recently moved to uni in September , but the course isnt right for me so I've arranged to start at another uni 50 miles away. However I started a part time bar job which was a transfer from my old job back home. Because I'm changing uni I need to leave this so am going in to hand in my notice tomorrow but has anyone got any help on how to do this without sounding rude for messing them around? I'm giving them a weeks notice as stated in my contract and I only work 6 hours a works but I'm still worried :frown: any ideas on how to make this easier? Thanks!

Ask to talk to your boss on your own one to one and then break the news. Your manager will most likely appreciate the heads up asap giving them more time to advertise your job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending