The Student Room Group

Healthy New You: Your Change For Life #3

Scroll to see replies

My Wii Fit is making fat noises at me :frown: haha.
Is there anyway to log steps manually using the fit bit ap? When I stay at my boyfriends I usually take my tablet instead of my laptop you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Is there anyway to log steps manually using the fit bit ap? When I stay at my boyfriends I usually take my tablet instead of my laptop you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My fitbit syncs with my phone, I hardly bother connecting it to the computer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
My Wii Fit is making fat noises at me :frown: haha.

This was one of the things that put me off mine! It encourages you to weigh in every day but tells you off for normal fluctuations in your weight. :frown:

Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to sync it with your tablet, depending on the brand. I've only ever synced it with my phone because that's more convenient but not sure about logging manually. It keeps up to a week's data on it so you could always sync it when you get back.
Original post by myblueheaven339
My fitbit syncs with my phone, I hardly bother connecting it to the computer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by alabelle
This was one of the things that put me off mine! It encourages you to weigh in every day but tells you off for normal fluctuations in your weight. :frown:

You should be able to sync it with your tablet, depending on the brand. I've only ever synced it with my phone because that's more convenient but not sure about logging manually. It keeps up to a week's data on it so you could always sync it when you get back.

Hmm seems neither my phone or tablet sync to it. Oh well guess I'll just do it when I get back.
Just went for a fab run :smile: managed my best ever pace and fastest mile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know. It doesn't normally bother me, but the last time I went on it I got a false reading but couldn't be bothered repeating it.. So paid the price this time!
Question: First meal of the day in a cafe, I had half an aubergine stuffed with tomato and mushrooms, plus a bit of lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad and ~100 calories worth of rice. It seemed fine, but I felt STUFFED and I'm still not hungry after 6 hours. It didn't seem oily at all (couldn't see any left on the plate). Is it nevertheless possible there were more than ~500 calories in it? I know aubergines can absorb a lot of oil. :/

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Did 5 hours overtime tonight and walked 10,000 steps.

This is in addition to the 10,000 step I'd done walking to work/during the day.

Don't feel so bad about missing my workout session tonight now :tongue:
Birthday week so have been greedy! Feel like I've gained!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
Birthday week so have been greedy! Feel like I've gained!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll soon come off if you have. Happy birthday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello lovelies... how are you all getting on? I have had crazy busy week but (largely) stuck to calorie goal. This weekend has been hard because I've been stuck in doing uni work and I just want to eat 24/7!! How have your weeks been?
Hello lovelies... how are you all getting on? I have had crazy busy week but (largely) stuck to calorie goal. This weekend has been hard because I've been stuck in doing uni work and I just want to eat 24/7!! How have your weeks been?

I've been ok this week. Been wearing my fitbit all week and although I haven't hit 10000 yet (although Im close today so theres still time) I've been surprised how much/little I do on various days. Going to link it to myfitnesspal tomorrow I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
I've been ok this week. Been wearing my fitbit all week and although I haven't hit 10000 yet (although Im close today so theres still time) I've been surprised how much/little I do on various days. Going to link it to myfitnesspal tomorrow I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even hit 1,000 steps today yet! :frown: Been so busy sat on my laptop all day, dying to get out for a walk though!

Definitely link your fitbit to myfitnesspal, it's really useful.
Cut 30 seconds off my mile time over 6.6 miles today :smile:

Then went and spent £70 on fitness clothes/shoes. Ooops.
When cooking with wine, do some of the calories evaporate away with the alcohol? :colondollar:
Original post by Maestosa
When cooking with wine, do some of the calories evaporate away with the alcohol? :colondollar:

Hahaha! This made me chuckle. Sadly, I doubt it :frown:
Original post by Maestosa

I work under the assumption that cooking removes calories of all types.

Seems to work pretty well for me :wink:.
Mmmm, cooking with wine. And sherry. Pork with rosti and courgettes in a cream and sherry sauce. Best meal ever. Haven't had that for years! Maybe one day... :colondollar:
Original post by Liv1204
Mmmm, cooking with wine. And sherry. Pork with rosti and courgettes in a cream and sherry sauce. Best meal ever. Haven't had that for years! Maybe one day... :colondollar:

That sounds lovely... mmmm.

---

Only upside of being ill all week... weight loss, haha.

Quick Reply

Latest