The Student Room Group

Entering First Year University Modules on UCAS?

I'm transferring Universities this year and am currently filling out my UCAS. Does anyone know how to enter first year modules? It's for Law by the way.

Any help will be appreciated and repped!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you likely to pass the 1st year modules?

If so are you eligible for an "early exit award" of a CertHE? You'll need to check your university/course handbook for this or ask your tutor.

If you're eligible for a CertHE then it's under C for "Certificate of Higher Education".

Alternatively you can go to O and select "Other (UK Qualifications)" Enter Yr 1 of course X and then add in individual modules.

for example

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PQ

If so are you eligible for an "early exit award" of a CertHE? You'll need to check your university/course handbook for this or ask your tutor.

If you're eligible for a CertHE then it's under C for "Certificate of Higher Education".

Alternatively you can go to O and select "Other (UK Qualifications)" Enter Yr 1 of course X and then add in individual modules.

for example

Thank you! I'll rep you when in on my laptop!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey,

I know this was a long time ago, but did you put anything in the 'Results' section? I've written down all my modules and put in the 'Qualification date' as July 2014. There was no drop-down box in the 'Results' section and when I tried to write Pending myself, it wrote that you put in a result that has not happened yet. Should I just leave it blank or is there a way around this?
Original post by markozas
Hey,

I know this was a long time ago, but did you put anything in the 'Results' section? I've written down all my modules and put in the 'Qualification date' as July 2014. There was no drop-down box in the 'Results' section and when I tried to write Pending myself, it wrote that you put in a result that has not happened yet. Should I just leave it blank or is there a way around this?

If you put in a future date then UCAS will flag that as pending. Leave the results box blank and it'll sort itself out.
Hi,

I have tried to add in my modules, but it hasn't given me any options to. It has only given me an option to add one qualification in but no module information.

Does the module options appear automatically or you need to do something else?

thanks
Original post by aspiringmedic123
Hi,

I have tried to add in my modules, but it hasn't given me any options to. It has only given me an option to add one qualification in but no module information.

Does the module options appear automatically or you need to do something else?

thanks

Which qualification did you enter? If you want to add modules then you need to select "Other (UK Qualifications)" Enter Yr 1 of course X and then add in individual modules.
Original post by PQ
Which qualification did you enter? If you want to add modules then you need to select "Other (UK Qualifications)" Enter Yr 1 of course X and then add in individual modules.

I entered certificate of higher education. It didnt give me options for year 1, it only gave me options to add in the subject...
Original post by aspiringmedic123
I entered certificate of higher education. It didnt give me options for year 1, it only gave me options to add in the subject...

CertHE doesn't give an option to enter modules. If you want to enter modules (which I would recommend) then use the Other qualification option instead.
Original post by PQ
CertHE doesn't give an option to enter modules. If you want to enter modules (which I would recommend) then use the Other qualification option instead.

Right! I've got you. Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by PQ

for example

Following on from your advice in another post of mine that you helped me with, who should I put the Awarding Organisation as? I can't fit in Westminster, so do you think I should just put "UNI"?
Original post by SP0TIFY
Following on from your advice in another post of mine that you helped me with, who should I put the Awarding Organisation as? I can't fit in Westminster, so do you think I should just put "UNI"?

Put UoW.
UNI is too informal.
Reply 13
Original post by PQ
Put UoW.
UNI is too informal.

Good idea, must have slipped my mind, thanks!
Original post by PQ

for example

Hi I am also looking to transfer and I wanted to know do I need to put in my a-level's in as well
Original post by Claudiatheapple
Hi I am also looking to transfer and I wanted to know do I need to put in my a-level's in as well

You put in your entire education history and qualifications from age 11.
Original post by PQ
You put in your entire education history and qualifications from age 11.

Do you have to enter modules or a qualification for your first year, currently I have the uni as part of my education but no qualifications
Original post by Oshoko
Do you have to enter modules or a qualification for your first year, currently I have the uni as part of my education but no qualifications

University modules are eligible for cats/ects so a formal qualification. If you're planning on completing a module it should be listed.
Original post by PQ
University modules are eligible for cats/ects so a formal qualification. If you're planning on completing a module it should be listed.

Alright then, thank you
Reply 19
This thread is very helpful! Can I just ask, if there is a module that I won't complete before transferring (I have started year 2 but am not intending to finish my semester 2 modules at this uni) I don't need to list it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending