The Student Room Group

BLP Assessment Centre - Advice..

Is anyone able (willing) to shed some light on the BLP Assessment Centre? I have just been invited to onw (not yet booked a slot, as waitint to get time off work).

Any insight/advice would be awesome!
Reply 1
Original post by Med2Ky
Is anyone able (willing) to shed some light on the BLP Assessment Centre? I have just been invited to onw (not yet booked a slot, as waitint to get time off work).

Any insight/advice would be awesome!

I have no advice but just wanted to say WELL DONE for getting through the interview. :smile:
Reply 2
I haven't done one but my friend did so won't claim to be an expert, but he did say one thing. On the negotiating exercise, prepare really well. It is a 2 on 2 interaction. Him and his partner prepared very well with only a few pointers. The other team had written out a word for word script and were very flustered when questions were raised, constantly rushing through reams and reams of paper. Him and his partner both got it. Obviously, that is pretty generic and I am sure you would have known not to go for the second approach, but just thought I would let you know! He also slipped some legal stuff into his drafting exercise, although this is not compulsory. He is already on the GDL so perhaps had a slight advantage in this respect. I wouldn't worry too much if you cannot do so - just be clear and concise. Oh - and well done!
Reply 3
Original post by OldOyster
I haven't done one but my friend did so won't claim to be an expert, but he did say one thing. On the negotiating exercise, prepare really well. It is a 2 on 2 interaction. Him and his partner prepared very well with only a few pointers. The other team had written out a word for word script and were very flustered when questions were raised, constantly rushing through reams and reams of paper. Him and his partner both got it. Obviously, that is pretty generic and I am sure you would have known not to go for the second approach, but just thought I would let you know! He also slipped some legal stuff into his drafting exercise, although this is not compulsory. He is already on the GDL so perhaps had a slight advantage in this respect. I wouldn't worry too much if you cannot do so - just be clear and concise. Oh - and well done!

Hi, realise this is an old thread but hoping you could help me out. Did your friend have an interview as part of the assessment centre, or was it just the negotiation exercise and drafting exercise?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending