The Student Room Group

Relationship break up + medical school exams... help.

Just officially broken up with my boyfriend (was a mutual decision), but genuinely dying inside because I wanted it to work so much. And its pretty much distracting me from revision for my approaching exams full stop. I can't concentrate.

Its not even a horrible "I hate him so much" breakup, its a "situations will never work, in the end its best for both of us to call it a day" breakup, which sometimes feel even harder. And long story short, its DEFINITELY for the best and I know it, but that doesn't stop it hurting...

I don't know the point of the thread. I'm a women on the edge right now. I know I need to forget about it for a few days and concentrate on exams but this is so much easier said than done :frown: :frown: :frown:

(Genuine add on question: does anyone ever wonder if love and relationships are actually more painful than they are rewarding in the end?
Reply 1
Original post by synonomous
Just officially broken up with my boyfriend (was a mutual decision), but genuinely dying inside because I wanted it to work so much. And its pretty much distracting me from revision for my approaching exams full stop. I can't concentrate.

Its not even a horrible "I hate him so much" breakup, its a "situations will never work, in the end its best for both of us to call it a day" breakup, which sometimes feel even harder. And long story short, its DEFINITELY for the best and I know it, but that doesn't stop it hurting...

I don't know the point of the thread. I'm a women on the edge right now. I know I need to forget about it for a few days and concentrate on exams but this is so much easier said than done :frown: :frown: :frown:

(Genuine add on question: does anyone ever wonder if love and relationships are actually more painful than they are rewarding in the end?

Motivate yourself to work, think about your future rather than your present, you got into medicine so make the most of it! don't let other people bring you down, focus and revise because at the end of the day there are plenty more people to care about in the future, right now is about your future and whether you are willing to put the effort in to become a doctor/something in medicine.
Original post by synonomous

Remind yourself that in the future you are going to regret it if you don't do well in these exams. He wouldn't want you to fail either. Imagine how disappointed in yourself you'll be if you don't do well.

In answer to your question I think there is definitely more reward than pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending