The Student Room Group

to talk to him, or not to talk to him?

I've been seeing a boy for a few months (6/7?) exclusively now, we're both at uni and summer got in the way but we kept in touch throughout and were kind of seeing eachother now that we're back. Towards the last few months during summer he started being really flakey and bailing on plans last minute, or not replying till after we were meant to have met up, I didn't make that big a deal of this although it has been a fair few times. I should also mention that his father's been very ill throughout this time and died in the summer.
I was very happy to be there for him, and we did talk about it a bit but as we're both busy I didn't really get to see him that much.
Last year it was more him making the effort, this year he hadn't as much, but we met up a few times, going out for dinner and staying in.
A few weeks ago, his friend had a houseparty for his birthday, they were all really high and he spent the night getting with another girl. I haven't spoken to him since, he didn't tell me but friends did.
I am really hurt, but I realise that we weren't officially together, and I do miss him and recognise he's going through a hard time. I do want to help, because it's hard to stop caring, but I don't want to look and feel stupid.
It doesn't help that she wasn't even some random girl, they've been in a few photos together since. I don't know if anything is happening with them or not. I just am not sure how to act. Do I have a right to be annoyed? I'm just so confused as it all happened so quickly!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Oh this one is easy.Talk to him, but be ready for rejection. If his father passed away (my God Son passed away and he was only 20) last summer it's still on his mind. He's with this other girl prolly becasue he has nothing to loose. I understandyou wish to be there For him more that With him. And that's awesome. But ya gotta let him be for a bit. You can Be there for him and give him a shoulder to cry on, but don't push the issue, because all he'll do is clam up. Give it time and he'll come around. But when you do talk to him, do Not bring up his father or how he's doing. Example: My sister. At my God Sons (he was also my nephew), funeral there must of been 1,300 people there. Do you know how many time from his death to the wake that she heard the same **** all day and all night long? " How you doing? Are you OK? If you need any thing, let me know. Is there any thing I can do? We'll prey for you. Be strong..." and all that stuff. Finally she blew up and just wanted to be alone. I had to tell people, ' Jesuse, she just lost her 1st Born, Leave her alone. When SHE'S Ready, She'll get ahold of YOU!" So if ya want to keep close to him, be there for him, don't be there to try and mend his heart.
Original post by just_a_girl_x
I've been seeing a boy for a few months (6/7?) exclusively now, we're both at uni and summer got in the way but we kept in touch throughout and were kind of seeing eachother now that we're back. Towards the last few months during summer he started being really flakey and bailing on plans last minute, or not replying till after we were meant to have met up, I didn't make that big a deal of this although it has been a fair few times. I should also mention that his father's been very ill throughout this time and died in the summer.
I was very happy to be there for him, and we did talk about it a bit but as we're both busy I didn't really get to see him that much.
Last year it was more him making the effort, this year he hadn't as much, but we met up a few times, going out for dinner and staying in.
A few weeks ago, his friend had a houseparty for his birthday, they were all really high and he spent the night getting with another girl. I haven't spoken to him since, he didn't tell me but friends did.
I am really hurt, but I realise that we weren't officially together, and I do miss him and recognise he's going through a hard time. I do want to help, because it's hard to stop caring, but I don't want to look and feel stupid.
It doesn't help that she wasn't even some random girl, they've been in a few photos together since. I don't know if anything is happening with them or not. I just am not sure how to act. Do I have a right to be annoyed? I'm just so confused as it all happened so quickly!

As you are not officially together then he can do as he pleases, so therefore you don't really have a right to be annoyed. If you were together then yeah maybe you'd have a right to be miffed.
Reply 3
Original post by Rock Fan
As you are not officially together then he can do as he pleases, so therefore you don't really have a right to be annoyed. If you were together then yeah maybe you'd have a right to be miffed.

I know, this is my problem. I understand this, and although we have been seeing eachother and we have said that it's exclusive for months now we never labelled it anything. but it did hurt, so i'm trying to keep my distance.
except this all conflicts with his recent loss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending