The Student Room Group

Suzuki Swift

I'm about to start learning to drive and for learning/after I pass I would like a small car. Just something to get me around town.

I like the look of the Suzuki Swift, it is easy on the eye and the wallet!

Does anyone have a Suzuki Swift and would you recommend it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by chrisburke
I'm about to start learning to drive and for learning/after I pass I would like a small car. Just something to get me around town.

One of these?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211144237725/sort/default/usedcars/model/swift/make/suzuki/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/1500?logcode=p

Err each to their own yes. Whoa the mpg on it is quite good. Around 50MPG around town. Go for it. Have it for a few months, then change it if you want.
My friend has one and she lovesss it, I would personaly say its quite girly though. Its actually massive inside considering it is a "small" car and when you sit on the inside the windscreen is so curved its like being in a spaceship:awesome:
In response to the previous poster I'm assuming you are talking about the most recent style? They are cheap but also take that into consideration when it comes to sell it. I don't think they retain their value well tbh.
Reply 4

I have a Suzuki swift and I love it :-) it's perfectly sized ( not too big or too small) and I would highly recommend it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies, and yes it is the new style. I'd probably be buying a used own (around 2010)

Reply 6
My mate has 2007 shape and really loves it, it is a very nice, cheap to run and reliable car like the honda civics. Also i dont think they are girly, he has a blue one with white stripes.
Reply 7
Yeah the ones with the stripes are sweet. I think I'll be zooming around in one soon.

Reply 8
I would recommend against getting this car.

In my own experience, you should pay no more than £600 on your first car. After 3 or so months, you can change it, or even after the first year. Save the money and buy something decent next year. It'll do you better, as if you buy a cheap banger first, you can scrape it and what have you and not be too worried.

Personally, i really like them. Im thinking of having one as my next car.
Reply 10
I had one as a company car for a period, and I loved it. Not the nicest thing to look at from a 'male perspective' but it wasn't half fun to drive.

I didn't have it over a long period of time though so maybe that appeal wears off?
I've got a 2006 suzuki swift and love it. Very nippy and quick but big inside :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending