The Student Room Group

To uni or not to uni?

So last year after finishing college, I applied to uni.

Unfortunately, I didn't grtmin anywhere.. That really put me down, and I guess I've been scared to reapply? I've been doing literally nothing with myself since, haven't got a job, nothing. I've been sitting in my self pity and living through others.

I was thinking about reapplying for 2013! But is it worth it?

If you're lazy, (I am) do you get off your arse and actually do the work? Or will it be another waste of time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Sorry, *didn't get in anywhere*

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends if you want to go really.

Ideally in your situation you should do something, but obviously uni isn't the only option if you're not sure that your heart is in it. Uni can be a massive waste of time if you're only going for the sake of it, and you might be better off doing something else for a year or two then applying again if you're motivated.

Regarding the lazy thing, I'm really lazy as well, but I'm quite motivated to do well so that essentially forces me to do the work. Without the motivation it'd be a waste of time (as I found out the first time I went to university, which fell under the 'going for the sake of it' banner).
I think in your situation, it is best to do something. Maybe try an apprenticeship or a funded course etc., rather than sit around. As for the uni thing, the experience is good, but there is a lot of work and commitment needed, so if your aiming for a good degree (2:1), then you'll need to put in the hours. If you can't put in the hours, like some of my friends, then you'll find yourself barely passing. I also think uni is quite expensive now, so if I was going to uni now I would take another route, best of luck on your life choices, i love you, let's get married x
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending