Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Get the 101 to Newcastle.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Even better - get a car.
And cancel your direct debit that they make you set up as soon as possible (They were going to take nearly £900 on 1 April - 27 days before we get our student loan installment!). Pay your rent on time (I had to pay an extra £58.76).
Make sure you're not on the third floor as there are no lifts - unless you want to nearly die every time you go up to your flat (especially with all your stuff moving in!).
Reply 5
haha thank you, two bus fares to keele is out of the question though. so is a car. i'm not sure how i can cancel my rent payment...they won't like that? things are okay there anyway i think. Flat 7? Don't know if that's on the third floor or not! I thought maybe 2nd floor. I did deliberately ask to be off the ground floor though :biggrin:
Reply 6
I am :biggrin:
That's why you get a bus pass...
To cancel your direct debit, just talk to your bank and say "I want to cancel this direct debit..." - easy, done! Just make sure you pay it in person ASAP.
Reply 9
why bother signing up for direct debit in the first place then?
and yes bus pass...good idea, i hadn't thought of that
Because they will keep pestering you until you do...
Reply 11
Make them understand that you dont want to pay by direct debit then :P
Trying to make them understand anything is difficult.
Reply 13
but paying by direct debit in 3 instalments is cheapest option though..
I take it you're not happy with Unite for some reason?
Well done! :smile:

It's not just Unite, it's CFM (formerly KFM) who put me there in the first place...

Yes it is the cheapest option, but not when they decide they will take nearly £900 4 weeks before your loan comes through. A few days later they sent me a letter saying something like: How dare you cancel our direct debit! Pay us IMMEDIATELY!!!

Well they can bloody well wait until Monday, when I will try to get 2 weeks' rent off it because I can't see myself staying there until 23 June when everyone else went home 2 weeks ago.
Reply 15
don't think you'll get two weeks rent removed by Unite. They're in business and as such, like to screw their customers (especially young students) out of tonnes of cash.
All the clauses in their contract prove that. Good luck with getting the money anyway! :smile:

Latest