The Student Room Group

Why don't guys find me attractive?

Guys don't find me attractive. EVER. I don't get asked on dates, I don't get flirted with and to be honest the only attention I ever get is from middle aged mingers. I don't understand, I am only 19 and in my first year of college and I get no action what so ever. I don't think I'm ugly, and when I do my hair and make up I think I look quite nice, but what do I get in return? NOTHING. I realise i'm coming off as being needy or desperate but honestly im not, id just hate feeling lonely all the time. Does anyone have any insight? I am a little big bigger than what is considered average but i've seen loads of girls my size with boyfriends. I'm going out of my mind, is there something i'm missing here?

Scroll to see replies

Little difficult to give advice based on a paragraph. I would guess that because you are pretty young you just havent met enough people yet, sometimes it is just a numbers game to meet enough of the right sort of people, something which tends to happen more at uni .
It's just bad luck, you just haven't found someone that is looking for yourself as their type, I'm having the same issue in university. It is indeed hard, I'm 19 in a few weeks, and I've yet to have a relationship/kiss/have anyone find me attractive, but I'm not hideously unattractive.

Things will click when they click, It's just a matter of time.
It's impossible for us to say without a picture.

PM me if you really want someone's opinion and don't want to post it here.
Reply 4
Have you tried actively making the effort to approach and talk to guys? It's a common misconception that any girl who isn't hideously ugly can get male attention with the click of a finger, but in reality it's only desperate 'middle aged mingers' who that works for. A little bit of flirting from your end seriously will go a long way with a lot of guys, regardless of how attractive you are (and I genuinely do believe that from observation). If you sit back and do nothing then you can't expect to get very far.
Reply 5
if ur living in london, we can go out. :colondollar:
You're asking why guys don't like you because of your looks, without providing any picture displaying your looks. What do you honestly expect us to do or say? Anyway, I know some beautiful girls who have never been asked out because they don't really put themselves out there, go to clubs or many social events and come across as girls who are not interested in dating. I think you have to go out to more places and be really friendly.
Reply 7
It's possible you already get attention without realising it. It used to be like that for me until I learnt how to read people better.
Reply 8
Pics. I need few pics of you. Clothes on/off.

Edit: just read you are bigger than average girl. I don't want pics of clothes off.
(edited 11 years ago)
pics

for the love of god

pics!
Original post by Barden
pics

for the love of god

pics!

Exactly! I don't get these questions where people are like 'Why don't girls/guys find me attractive?' and they don't provide a picture. How are we supposed to answer without knowing what you look like?
True, but it depends on what the question is actually asking. If you are asking why guys don't like your looks then don't provide any picture showing your looks we really cannot say why guys don't find you attractive. If the question was different, such as 'What can I do to get more involved in the dating scene?' etc. then it would be easier to answer.
Original post by Miss Rainbows
Guys don't find me attractive. EVER. I don't get asked on dates, I don't get flirted with and to be honest the only attention I ever get is from middle aged mingers. I don't understand, I am only 19 and in my first year of college and I get no action what so ever. I don't think I'm ugly, and when I do my hair and make up I think I look quite nice, but what do I get in return? NOTHING. I realise i'm coming off as being needy or desperate but honestly im not, id just hate feeling lonely all the time. Does anyone have any insight? I am a little big bigger than what is considered average but i've seen loads of girls my size with boyfriends. I'm going out of my mind, is there something i'm missing here?

Erm, this is you ranting rather than looking for an answer isn't it? You don't really tell us anything about yourself or provide pics so how can we answer your question ?
Agreed. People can be quite brutal on the internet. When a close friend was going through low self esteem she resorted to posting pictures on one forum asking if she was 'as hideous as she thinks she is' and ended up getting some really horrible responses that just made her self-esteem even lower than it was before. I think the best thing people can do is not rely on others opinions, acceptable or approval online when it comes to their looks but instead utilise resources the internet provides. There are plenty of articles with tips on how to make yourself look more attractive and for girls there are millions of makeup and hair tutorials on Youtube so it is easy to find looks that suit you.
Reply 14
OP I'm in the same boat as you and I don't think it's the way you look so don't worry about that. You could always make the first move :cool:
Original post by HanaKimi
OP I'm in the same boat as you and I don't think it's the way you look so don't worry about that. You could always make the first move :cool:

You're so pretty though :eek:
Reply 16
Original post by smileymileyx
You're so pretty though :eek:

thank you :redface: but it's true, guys don't approach me at all, some stare and that's about it really :rolleyes:
No worries though, I'm thinking about becoming a cat lady :colone:
Not that many girls get attension at 19 because lads don't dish it out much. At my college most lads would speak to the girls they knew and maybe flirt a little but barely anyone approched new girls or asked them out on dates, it just isnt done that much at 19.
Original post by HanaKimi
thank you :redface: but it's true, guys don't approach me at all, some stare and that's about it really :rolleyes:
No worries though, I'm thinking about becoming a cat lady :colone:
They don't approach you because they fear rejection. Don't ever think it's because you are not beautiful because you are genuinely stunning. A lot of males get intimidated by gorgeous girls so don't approach them but will approach say, average girls more.
pics or gtfo!

Latest