The Student Room Group

What to study?!

I'm a mature student currently studying an Access course (in Social Sciences), with no real idea what I'd like to go on to study at university! I really enjoy English Literature, and I'd love to study in Manchester, but I wouldn't be able to apply to Uni of Manchester (as my course wouldn't meet entry requirements) and so I'd have to go to Manchester Met which I'm not too keen on. I've also looked in to studying Mandarin Chinese, which Uni of Manchester offer, alongside other universities that I'd like to go to...however, I'm not sure if I'd be doing it just for the fact that the employment prospects would be better, and so I'm not sure if my heart would be in it, although I have always had a love for languages! Eventually I'd like to go in to PR or journalism... Help please!
Bump
Well just go to the university that right for you as going to one of the big cities isnt always the answer when it comes to education and thinking about your career in the long one back when I was in college I was always thinking about going to a uni in one of the big cities such as london, manchester and liverpool etc and now I regret having that thinking as people enjoy going universities in other cities.

I put a links for you

This does reviews for universities by students themselves perfect to get a good idea on choosing including people from different subjects
http://www.whatuni.com/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending