The Student Room Group

Do you think this date went good?is he interested?

I met this guy 3/4weeks ago on a dating site . I've met 2 others from there the first was ok the second was awkward and I did all the talking the guy didn't talk. With this guy the first time we were meant to meet it didn't go ahead as he was off late from work and couldn't get to the bank . He rang the next day to meet up but I was busy and the next week he said he'd be busy and I'd forgot he was and texted him then this weekend 2 weeks after we were finally both free. We were meant to meet at 5pm ended up being 7pm he rang a few hours to say as he didn't want me hanging around waiting. We met up it felt natural when we spoke the conversation flowed . We didn't event talk about everything there's still a lot we could've spoke about . We were both engaged and he was really polite. He seemed engaged in the conversation always smiling and started like puffing out his chest occasionally. We had to end it after an hour or two something with his brother or mother he had to go an talk on the phone a couple of times to sort it out. He told me about it. He told me when he was free on Wednesday and if I was and I would be. He waited with me at the bus stop when the bus came he leaned in for a kiss I think I didn't realise until after and just gave him a hug. I think he kissed my cheek. He's 24 I'm 19. It felt like it went good. . We clicked very well. Was it bad that I hugged instead of kissing when he leaned in?I texted saying "Thanks for yesterday had a good time hope we can do something like it again soon" Was this ok?He didn't reply though maybe it didn't need one? Will I see on Wednesday if he texts me since he said "I'm free Wednesday if you want to meet?" or is he expecting me to text on wednesday to see? We don't speak everyday though and even before we met we only spoke a little. We have much more to say when we meet.

Scroll to see replies

All sounds fine, text was fine, don't worry about the kiss. Would have been nice if he'd replied to your text but I wouldn't take it to heart. The fact he's mentioned meeting you again on Wednesday sounds like he's interested. I'd drop him a text on Monday asking if he wants to meet up on Wednesday - don't make him do all the leg-work.
Reply 2
Will I text on Wednesday halfway through the day if he doesn't text?
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Well, depending on the type of guy he is, he may have assumed that since you didn't kiss him and only hugged him at the bus stop that you weren't that interested in him and so he may have left it at that.
He's 24 and the fact that he kept smiling and stuff during the date with lots to talk about seems to me like he's way more experienced in the dating game so he would have picked up on the kiss/hug thing at the bus stop.

Yea, I think you should wait til Wednesday, text him for another date and see where that takes you. Afterwards though, I think it's about time for him to do some of the work, or else he'll think you're easy and play around with you a bit.

"Thanks for yesterday had a good time hope we can do something like it again soon"
I think this did need a reply, something along the lines of 'me too, how about wednesday at 7' but don't stress about it
I cringed over the hug thing. That probably really hurt his pride.

If he thought it went well enough up to that point that he went for the kiss, the fact you turned him down (Either consciously or subconsciously) has left him doubting if it really did go well. I would probably engage contact again tomorrow or tuesday so that he knows you're definitely interested.

Past that, try not to worry or over think anything. If it's meant to work out it will, it sounds like it's going well but the worst thing you could do now is ruin it by working yourself into a nervous wreck.

Hope it goes well.
Reply 6
Wait until your 69th date, serious sh*t will go down then
Reply 7
Don't text him. If he wants to see you again he WILL make it happen and WON'T forget about you.

Don't over-think, whatever's done is done now, you just get on with your life.

I'm a bit concerned by all the hold-ups and inconsistencies as-is, I mean what exactly was the family deal? Not giving you his full attention on a date is a bit of a no-no, unless it was an emergency or something.
Reply 8
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I cringed over the hug thing. That probably really hurt his pride.

If he thought it went well enough up to that point that he went for the kiss, the fact you turned him down (Either consciously or subconsciously) has left him doubting if it really did go well. I would probably engage contact again tomorrow or tuesday so that he knows you're definitely interested.

Past that, try not to worry or over think anything. If it's meant to work out it will, it sounds like it's going well but the worst thing you could do now is ruin it by working yourself into a nervous wreck.

Hope it goes well.

He only went in for the kiss when the bus came I didn't realise until after and he ended up kissing my cheek instead. I had to rush for the bus incase I missed it as it'd just come. Afterwards I thought oh he just went for a kiss and I hugged. It was only because I was in a rush for the bus as it'd just arrived . I sorta accidently rejected him .
OH MY. Exactly the same thing happened with me - also at a bus stop! He was cautious next time, as the above person has said so I had to end up making the move...you probably have hurt his pride but nothing says you can't rectify it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Original post by Whatismylife.
OH MY. Exactly the same thing happened with me - also at a bus stop! He was cautious next time, as the above person has said so I had to end up making the move...you probably have hurt his pride but nothing says you can't rectify it :smile:

Thats mad did you have to kiss him first the next time at the bus stop? or did he try again?
Thats if he still wants a second date now.
I tried.

Reply 12
Original post by Whatismylife.
I tried.

Was it at the end again at the bus stop? I'll see if he tries again he might have thought I was just rushing for the bus and try earlier.
Yeah it is. He won't try earlier, nope - He'll wait for you to give him a signal because he's scared of rejection again.

Reply 14
Oh cool I'll see what happens next time if there is one.
Reply 15
Will I text Tuesday or Wednesday to see he's still free?
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
Will I text Tuesday or Wednesday to see he's still free?

NO. He'll subliminally sense your desperation and pull away OR your desperation won't matter to him because he doesn't have options.

Either way, why chase that down? One date and you're already not sure where you stand.

EDIT: But... I know you're gonna do it anyway.
Reply 17
Original post by Yidette
NO. He'll subliminally sense your desperation and pull away OR your desperation won't matter to him because he doesn't have options.

Either way, why chase that down? One date and you're already not sure where you stand.

EDIT: But... I know you're gonna do it anyway.

I mean because he already stated he was free . I'm not sure if that was his way of asking me or letting me know hes free to meet him again. Like he just said "I'll be free Wednesday" as he had to end this one a bit earlier with his stuff at home.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
I mean because he already stated he was free . I'm not sure if that was his way of asking me or letting me know hes free to meet him again. Like he just said "I'll be free Wednesday" as he had to end this one a bit earlier with his stuff at home.

'I'll be free wednesday' - Did he bat his eyelashes whilst he said it? What next, will you have to ride in on a white horse too?
Reply 19
I'll see what happens if we do meet or if we don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending