The Student Room Group

Really like this guy ... how to make a move?

I recently met this guy through a Uni society trouble is I think he has a different perception of me
He was really chatty when I first met him but he added me on fb and think he's put off because my profile pic was of me in a club
I don't drink to excess but he doesn't drink at all
I wear quite a bit of makeup because I have acne and acne scars which I'm quite self conscious about
I've tried speaking to him through facebook chat and he answers in one sentence and doesn't really ask me anything to keep me involved in the conversation.
We have different interests, he is a bit of a 'geek' (he called himself that on his profile!) whereas I'm quite girly and like doing my nails and baking cakes
I've tried smiling and letting the moment linger a little bit but he always looks away but he always blushes when speaking to me?
How do I let him know that I am interested in him?
Reply 1
Ask him if he wants to bake cakes with you :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I recently met this guy through a Uni society trouble is I think he has a different perception of me
He was really chatty when I first met him but he added me on fb and think he's put off because my profile pic was of me in a club
I don't drink to excess but he doesn't drink at all
I wear quite a bit of makeup because I have acne and acne scars which I'm quite self conscious about
I've tried speaking to him through facebook chat and he answers in one sentence and doesn't really ask me anything to keep me involved in the conversation.
We have different interests, he is a bit of a 'geek' (he called himself that on his profile!) whereas I'm quite girly and like doing my nails and baking cakes
I've tried smiling and letting the moment linger a little bit but he always looks away but he always blushes when speaking to me?
How do I let him know that I am interested in him?

I have no right to judge, but usually people who are so different (such as you and him) don't have relationships that go so well, just because they have very little in common and so it's hard for them to connect with each other.

The best option would be to find a similar interest and ask him to do it with you (like the above person stated, baking cakes), but it might be hard considering you are quite different people. I'm guessing you 2 study different things so you can't 'study together'?
Probably the easiest option may be to ask him to get a coffee with you or something. It'll suggest to him that you like him, and you can get to know each other more. And yes, girls can ask guys out to coffee too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending