The Student Room Group

University THEN drama school

Basically, I'm very confused about what I want to do as a career. I've always loved writing and would love a career along the lines of screenwriting, novelist, journalist, publisher and maybe even teaching. However, I also have a passion for drama and acting, and wouldn't ever want to let go of it. Ideally, I'd love to be in a career that combines the two.

I've considered going straight to Drama school, but I really want to study English at a higher level also. I look at people like Julian Slade who had the privilege of attending both and this is, ideally, what I'd like to do. I have several questions, before hand, though:

Are you allowed to take more than one degree?
Would I receive student loans for both degrees or just my first?
And, finally, would it be worth it?
Reply 1
Are you allowed to take more than one degree? You can take as many as you can afford - which leads me to:

Would I receive student loans for both degrees or just my first? Just your first. You might get a full scholarship for a drama school if you were very talented. Don't bank on that route.
And, finally, would it be worth it? God knows. But you don't need a degree in English to be a writer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending