Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sucess
congrats

Thanks
Reply 41
Original post by drivernew
Hi

I have exam @9.07 am at Hither Green next week. First time. Any advice? I am bit nervous though my driving is good. Does anyone have experience at this time? Thanks

As long as you are confident especially with cliftons roundabout, Yorkshire grey roundabout and sun in sands roundabout, the a2 dual carriageway and aware that there are loads of 20mph roads around the test center you should be fine. You also need to be careful of the width restrictor as if you hit it apparently an automatic fail. I can only speak from experience of my route and I had to do all 3 of the roundabouts I just mentioned (some people only get 1 or 2 of them though), I also went through blackheath village, the a2 etc. practice your manoeuvres... My instructor said most of his students who go there get parallel park. However if when you start your test there are no other cars in the parking area then you will probably get asked to do a bay park. Remember observations etc, very important. Oh and on my test I had to do overtaking a few times as for some reason a few times I came across vans who had decided to stop in the lane and weren't moving. Good luck, it can be challenging depending on the traffic flow and I'm not sure about the other routes so don't know what other situations you might get. Good luck :smile:
Reply 42
Thank you. Going to focus more on your points.

Original post by Sparklees
As long as you are confident especially with cliftons roundabout, Yorkshire grey roundabout and sun in sands roundabout, the a2 dual carriageway and aware that there are loads of 20mph roads around the test center you should be fine. You also need to be careful of the width restrictor as if you hit it apparently an automatic fail. I can only speak from experience of my route and I had to do all 3 of the roundabouts I just mentioned (some people only get 1 or 2 of them though), I also went through blackheath village, the a2 etc. practice your manoeuvres... My instructor said most of his students who go there get parallel park. However if when you start your test there are no other cars in the parking area then you will probably get asked to do a bay park. Remember observations etc, very important. Oh and on my test I had to do overtaking a few times as for some reason a few times I came across vans who had decided to stop in the lane and weren't moving. Good luck, it can be challenging depending on the traffic flow and I'm not sure about the other routes so don't know what other situations you might get. Good luck :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by drivernew
Hi

I have exam @9.07 am at Hither Green next week. First time. Any advice? I am bit nervous though my driving is good. Does anyone have experience at this time? Thanks

How did it go?
Reply 44
Does anybody know the areas that the test routes roughly cover from past experience or otherwise? I've seen a list of test routes on a random website and while I'd like to hope they're legit, knowing that the DSA no longer has them posted I can't confirm it :frown:

Still not sure whether to book at Hither Green or Sidcup, Sidcup's roads are probably nicer to do a test on, but then I live in Kidbrooke and know the roads better round there... First world problems :rolleyes:
Reply 45
Original post by AGoodman
Does anybody know the areas that the test routes roughly cover from past experience or otherwise? I've seen a list of test routes on a random website and while I'd like to hope they're legit, knowing that the DSA no longer has them posted I can't confirm it :frown:

Still not sure whether to book at Hither Green or Sidcup, Sidcup's roads are probably nicer to do a test on, but then I live in Kidbrooke and know the roads better round there... First world problems :rolleyes:

Catford
Lewisham
Eltham
Blackheath
Hither Green
Lee
Grove Park
A little bit of Kidbrooke and Shooters Hill (I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by AGoodman

I went through Lee, Blackheath village, Eltham west, and onto the 50mph A2 road
Reply 47
Original post by jaywhyey
Catford
Lewisham
Eltham
Blackheath
Hither Green
Lee
Grove Park
A little bit of Kidbrooke and Shooters Hill (I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most test routes have a bit of each of those areas. I'm not too familiar with the area but i believe this is pretty much the areas I covered except for lewisham
Test day on the 15th of AUGUST 2013. Haha so nervous, anymore tips THANKS :tongue:
Reply 49
passed my driving test first time at Hither Green yesterday after failing once at Belvedere. Routes are quite easy to know. not so many surprises and roundabouts are not bad.

good luck
Reply 50
Original post by Toopsy
passed my driving test first time at Hither Green yesterday after failing once at Belvedere. Routes are quite easy to know. not so many surprises and roundabouts are not bad.

good luck

Congrats! I passed there in April second attempt...first attempt was at west wickham. Alot of people complain about hither green and say its difficult but i agree the routes are quite easy but only if you've practiced them. It also depends on what time you go as the roundabouts can get quite busy and on a driving lesson once me and my instructor witnessed someone on there test nearly cause an accident on cliftons roundabout as it was really busy. Well done for passing there, Bet you can't wait to get on the road now! :biggrin:
Hello pass my driving test at hither green, with a very nice inspector (he was jamaican ) he looks strict at first but when alone he is very nice. Got 0 fault !!! All the best for everyone.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Flowerlarose
Hello pass my driving test at hither green, with a very nice inspector (he was jamaican ) he looks strict at first but when alone he is very nice. Got 0 fault !!! All the best for everyone.

passed today as well. Congrats.
Reply 53
hitter green test centre is crap, beware of the ****ing guy called doug. **** them all.
Reply 54
Original post by kuzeblood
hitter green test centre is crap, beware of the ****ing guy called doug. **** them all.

Doug was my examiner at hither green!!! I found him fine...he wasn't harsh (unlike my west wickham examiner) and came across as a nice guy. With him I passed my test :biggrin: ...not sure what your experience was with him but seems like maybe u should try another centre if ur unhappy with hither green
****IN ****.. MR SEED.. If you get him I Would Not Even Bother Trying Absolute ****.. One thing he has not got is Seeds, ****ing Weazle failed me on something I Did not Do.. GAY BASTARD
Which driving school did you use?
Mr Seed failed me yesterday! I stalled at a junction and he huffed, which made me more nervous, and then started complaining that we really needed to make some progress, and then kept telling me to pull out while cars were flying at us! Doing the how about after this one! While another was right behind it, absolute ****! My instructor wasn't happy, examiner ran off before instructor got a chance to come over! Failed me for undue hesitation!
Fking Carol piece of ****, failed me for going out of the "Wrong" exit at the roundabout apparently, even though she asked for the second exit, fat ****
Original post by 4dfssdfsdfs234
Fking Carol piece of ****, failed me for going out of the "Wrong" exit at the roundabout apparently, even though she asked for the second exit, fat ****

lmfao at fat **** you sure it was wrong exit, some of the roundabouts are weird

Latest

Trending

Trending