The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I passed first time at Hither Green today. :smile:
I agree a lot of 20mph roads and 30mph roads with speed humps so if you can drive smoothly around speed humps, ease off accelerator, position the car and roll over them without breaking you will find you will pass I should think that's what did it for me, that and the mirror signal maneuver, planning ahead and anticipation of parked cars in the left lane and changing lanes I needed to do that twice I remember. No dilly dallying, spot a car behind is letting you go into that faster right lane take it and go and switch back into the slow lane after clearing the obstacle. Also one place road works on those narrow roads so I had to make a judgement to wait and when to go, similarly tight roads where cars are parked both sides and I had to see a gap where no-one has parked there and go into it to let a van through, similar sort of scenarios were happening frequently, using judgement and thinking will that car fit will I fit perhaps I should stop here and let that one through, something like that I hope I'm making sense.

I didn't sleep all night worrying about so many things despite having 36 hours under my belt with a renowned driving school (I don't want to say the name as they aren't paying me to advertise them...lol) nevertheless on the whole it was a good test. Really it was, okay I had a reverse to the left side as the maneuver but I got a strike against me for control there because it wasn't a right angle corner so it wasn't so easy to just put full lock and reverse and keep up with your 6 point observations so despite the only way of controlling the way you turn as your reverse is by staring at that left side mirror, that means you would get a strike against you for observations if you do that because you are meant to be looking in 6 different places and mainly staring at the back behind your left shoulder to the back of the car, because the two points under reversing are lack of control and lack of observation, anyway I got one strike against me for control there because just a mini-second to look around whilst I reversed I was heading for the curb and the only way to correct it was to turn the steering wheel the other way again and open up the wheel and that's what I got the strike for. My observations were great from everything I was not pulled up on anything major obviously because I passed. But I had to execute an emergency stop, which I did with no problems, roundabouts were okay I was drilled really well on them by my instructor as well as the youtube videos they really helped with the roundabouts a great deal.

I got two strikes against me for not looking at my blind spot when I was pulled up 6 times in total to the side of the road and I swear I did look back over my right shoulder outside each time to make sure it was safe to rejoin the road again, now possibly it was for not checking blind spot at times I stopped within the road proper because of letting someone pass by on those narrow roads. I got one strike again for positioning at I don't know where exactly because 40 minutes too many roads I went on and I was too happy to find out from him where exactly it was, so four minor faults but a pass nevertheless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Paul c is best man .he is really nice ,professional,pleasant personality .he is amazing men .in erith the women are quite extremist racism but hither green examiner are quite nice,professional and pleasant .
Reply 62
You very much right Wood Green is the worst test centre in uk 🇬🇧 I failed 7 times
Reply 63
I don't want to hear 👂 Wood Green test centre 😡 Worst in uk 🇬🇧
Reply 64
hither green is the worse worse test centre
Reply 65
it may of been ur lucky day uve passed first time at hither green coz lots of people are talking hw worst hither green is
Reply 66
hither green is the worse worse test centre! lots of people talking abt hw worse hither green test centre is! it may of been ur lucky day u passed first time
Reply 67
Hither Green test centre is the worse test centre ever! i don't advice anybody to go to that test centre they're not professional at all grumpy faces and very rude
Reply 68
its not hard but examiners over there are making it hard so people can fail their test they're rude by the way they talk to u they've got that ugly look on their faces u don't feel comfortable sitting next to them the next thing u see they give u that green fail paper and u ask urself how did that happened because once its marked failed they can't change it that's done! they're basically sitting next to u expecting u to fail ur test and u see how proud they feel when they tell u u've failed ur test its like they're expecting u to fail the good news is that i'll not go to that test centre again ever in my life and I'm not advising anybody to go to that test centre
Reply 69
can you email me your instructors no please or tex 07903311799
Reply 70
nd one thankshi i need to know a driving instructor who uses hither green please can you guys recome
Had my test here on Monday just gone. I have got to say the examiner was absolutely lovely😀😀her name was Elaine. She made me feel so relaxed and at ease, I suffer badly with nerves, and she had a lovely aura about her. I think she made me feel relaxed, and that’s the reason I passed on my 5th attempt!

Latest

Trending

Trending