The Student Room Group

I drink at least 2l of Pepsi Max per day

I think I wrote a mssg like this last year or the year before, and I am not dead yet, so...

But I am asking what are the health connotations of drinking so much fizzy drink? I rarely have a stomach ache, and I do not get acne or spots anymore, so what damage is it actually doing?

I have never had fillings, although it is only a matter of time, tbh.

I drink so much Pepsi Max because quite simply I love it, and I like to top myself up at least every hour or so. I can get around 8/9 glasses from each 2l bottle.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess the fact that it's max is slightly better, not so much sugar. But you should probably consider replacing a few glasses with water each day - only because of the caffiene.

I drink ALOT of Dr Pepper, because I love it as well. But I am trying to cut down on it. In fact i've drank 3L of water a day for the last 4 days simply because I haven't had Dr Pepper and I am so so thirsty. Nothing seems to quench my first.
Reply 3
Dude: High Five.

I am pretty much the same. It's either that or coffee to keep me going!
I'm the same too. Used to love coke but couldn't drink it freely because of the sugar/calories, then I found pepsi max.
I think teeth is the biggest concern really ...
It's basically junk - a hell of a lot of sugar (not the good type, like from fruits) and caffeine and generally just junk.

Ultimately, the consequences will resonate with you for decades to come and they won't be at all good.

You ruined my lunch! :rant: :mad:

:upone:
Reply 7
Wow I thought I drank a lot at 2-3 cans a day. If you don't already, drink it through a straw, and then your teeth will be protected. It does do damage to your stomach I think, and it has Aspartame in it, which is linked to cancer apparently, along with loads of other chemicals, sugars etc.
Reply 8
you might as well drink a cup of aglutamate-sulfuricide-asapartamic-butanoic- 1,3,4,5-amino acid
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I think I wrote a mssg like this last year or the year before, and I am not dead yet, so...

But I am asking what are the health connotations of drinking so much fizzy drink? I rarely have a stomach ache, and I do not get acne or spots anymore, so what damage is it actually doing?

I drink so much Pepsi Max because quite simply I love it, and I like to top myself up at least every hour or so. I can get around 8/9 glasses from each 2l bottle.

You are negging everyone who's telling you the truth. :rolleyes:

Fine, go to your little wonderland where nothing is unhealthy and just pretend that you're not damaging your health this way. One day, you will tell me that we were right and you were wrong.

:lol:

You asked for the side effects and you got your answers. Don't wanna hear it? As I said, wonderland is your friend :flower2:
(edited 11 years ago)
How can you drink so much, Im not a big fan of fizzy drinks and have them rarely. It tastes so much better when you have a glass every now and then as a treat rather than drinking it all the time.
Original post by JulietheCat
You ruined my lunch! :rant: :mad:

:upone:

Sorry. The guy asked. :colone:
Reply 12
I can't remember the last time I touched a fizzy drink. My daily intake consists of fruit juice (and I don't mean from concentrate) and water.

Pepsi Max and the like are incredibly bad for your health.
Reply 13

I don't think it is that serious but it is harsh on your stomach - no doubt about that. If you don't suffer from bloating you may eventually suffer stomach, teeth and skin problems die to the acidity of fizzy drinks (they are all pretty acidic diet or otherwise). Kidney stones can be a real problem too since the high acidity has an affect on mineral absorption. Both my brother and uncle had kidney stones and both drink a metric **** tonne of diet coke every day.

I would try and gradually cut back a little. Maybe just start off by buying 1l bottles instead when they are cheap or only buying your 2l bottles half as often and making them last.
Reply 14
Some woman drank 4L of coke a day and went on this programme, she was 50% bodyfat because of the coke.

Risk is that you'll gain a high percentage of bodyfat, bad teeth, and probably turn fat.
Reply 15
Original post by hvh
I guess the fact that it's max is slightly better, not so much sugar. But you should probably consider replacing a few glasses with water each day - only because of the caffiene.

I drink ALOT of Dr Pepper, because I love it as well. But I am trying to cut down on it. In fact i've drank 3L of water a day for the last 4 days simply because I haven't had Dr Pepper and I am so so thirsty. Nothing seems to quench my first.

I thought diet pepsi had the caffiene, and pepsi max didn't? :tongue:
I can be like that sometimes too.

My only advice is to buy the small bottles of soft drink so that's all you drink. When that finishes you'll be forced to drink something else.
(edited 11 years ago)
could do with a dr pepper mmmm

Pepsi Max contains the artificial food additive aspartame and acesulfame k:

Aspartame is linked with blood cancer and a whole host of other cancers. It is a neurotoxin that was disovered by accident. It is the fecal matter of genetically modified e-coli bacteria.

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

Same goes with acesulfame k.

This website says that Pepsi kills birds and it has this picture:

Latest