The Student Room Group

How to talk to a deathly shy girl?

I met a really shy girl a few weeks ago at a house party. We caught eachothers glances a few times. Eventually I went up to her to talk to her but the response I got was really cold. I made small talk but she gave one word answers, so I just sort of left the conversation because I thought that was really rude of her or that she just wasn't interested in talking to me.

After a while we were both dancing near eachother and I noticed that she kept bumping into me. I didn't really know how to react because I thought she wasn't interested, but she kept looking at me. There was a few times where I would turn around and I could see her looking straight at me. She would quickly avert her eyes and run her hands through her hair. This happened about five times altogether so I knew she was interested.

Anyway, I had to leave to meet up with some friends, but I managed to find her on facebook a few days later. I asked her if she wanted to go for a drink sometime (I know it's lame asking a girl out over FB but I didn't have her number. Please don't judge me!) but she didn't reply.

We've both been invited to a party this weekend and I'm bound to run into her again. How do I talk to her without her getting all shy on me again?

Especially looking for advice from girls, especially if you're shy too.

Scroll to see replies

Mate you need to cure her, just push her into groups of people and eventually she'll get really good at talking for having to apologise so much. Then go up to her and talk, take her back to yours... sorted.
Reply 2
take it slowly. be persistent but not pushy. get her used to your presence and manner of speaking. and smile a lot. show her you are fun and harmless and someone she's gonna wanna know.

and keep an eye on her for when it gets too much for her and slow down/back off, then start again. if she's interested, she will see u are interested too and in time, she may relax an start to open up to u :smile:

good luck at the party!
Reply 3
Original post by ScotteYx
Run up to her, wearing a invisibility cloak, holding a banana, quickly remove the cloak, and stick it in her mouth.

What f she doesn't like bananas? I don't think you've thought this through pal
Original post by Invocation

Most girls like bananas, some like juicy mango's but they are a minority and generally don't have children except through adoption. Thus is the way of the world.
Reply 5
Start talking to her friends who might be more confident and she'll probably start to mingle. This has worked for me before.
Reply 6

Not a problem, the banana can be replaced with anything.

Often the best method for any problem is penetration to the mouth, we are simply abiding by these known, proven rules.
Swap the banana for a object of her choice.
However, this does lead us to another problem - How do we find out what she wants in her mouth - We can't ask her! She's too shy.

But don't fear, I have a proven methods to deal with this issue.

Find your local costcutter

Buy walkie talkies

Buy envelopes

Place the walkie talkies in the envelopes

Eat the enveloped walkie talkies

Spin around 9 times on the spot

Put the cloak on, find her, show her some objects

If she smiles at any of them, your onto a winner.

Stick it in her mouth

Problem = Solved

Don't say I don't do anything for you.
Raise her self esteem by complimenting her, that, or hit her unconscious then talk to her?
Reply 8
I'll try complimenting her. Any other suggestions, that don't involve the possibility of improper use of fruits or violence?
Reply 9
Sir, I told you the fruit can be substituted.
Reply 10
Blow gently into her nostrils
Ok... ok, just get her very drunk then she'll pretty much be up for anything.
Reply 12
Original post by the bear
Blow gently into her nostrils

Or this.
Reply 13
Run up to her, wearing a invisibility cloak, holding a banana, quickly remove the cloak, and stick it in her mouth.

Your pervy mind only thinks about that. :rolleyes:
Not a problem, the banana can be replaced with anything.

Often the best method for any problem is penetration to the mouth, we are simply abiding by these known, proven rules.
Swap the banana for a object of her choice.
However, this does lead us to another problem - How do we find out what she wants in her mouth - We can't ask her! She's too shy.

But don't fear, I have a proven methods to deal with this issue.

Find your local costcutter

Buy walkie talkies

Buy envelopes

Place the walkie talkies in the envelopes

Eat the enveloped walkie talkies

Spin around 9 times on the spot

Put the cloak on, find her, show her some objects

If she smiles at any of them, your onto a winner.

Stick it in her mouth

Problem = Solved

Don't say I don't do anything for you.

dafuq did i just read?! :lolwut:
I met a really shy girl a few weeks ago at a house party. We caught eachothers glances a few times. Eventually I went up to her to talk to her but the response I got was really cold. I made small talk but she gave one word answers, so I just sort of left the conversation because I thought that was really rude of her or that she just wasn't interested in talking to me.

After a while we were both dancing near eachother and I noticed that she kept bumping into me. I didn't really know how to react because I thought she wasn't interested, but she kept looking at me. There was a few times where I would turn around and I could see her looking straight at me. She would quickly avert her eyes and run her hands through her hair. This happened about five times altogether so I knew she was interested.

Anyway, I had to leave to meet up with some friends, but I managed to find her on facebook a few days later. I asked her if she wanted to go for a drink sometime (I know it's lame asking a girl out over FB but I didn't have her number. Please don't judge me!) but she didn't reply.

We've both been invited to a party this weekend and I'm bound to run into her again. How do I talk to her without her getting all shy on me again?

Especially looking for advice from girls, especially if you're shy too.

I'm a girl, and people that don't know me call me shy and quiet, so I'm qualified to respond :smile:

Anyway, her not replying to your f/b might be cos she hasn't checked f/b or missed the post (god knows how...)...but if she put something on her wall or whatever after you messaged, then she has read ur msg and she's maybe just unsure of how to respond cos maybe she thinks if she meets up with you there might be awkward silences and stuff. I do think she's interested otherwise she wouldn't have accepted you on fb I guess.

Too many maybes.

Talk about something you know you have in common (use her f/b to find out), or about mutual friends and how you met em or w.e...just something she knows she can respond on and ask you questions about too.

Invite her to dance and stuff, don't just give up if she is still shy at the 2nd party! Never give up, you might be missing out on a truly amazing person if you do!!!:eek:

Edit: ****, I just realised your party has already happened...weeks ago! Erm...heheh....how did it go then?:colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
I don't think she's interested, or she would've responded to your invite by now. When guys we like ask us out, we say yes! And don't let anyone try to tell you it's more complicated than that.

I don't believe the fact that she accepted your add on FB means anything other than she got that moment of flattery 'ooh, someone wants to be my friend! Why not'.

I wouldn't bother at that party. What are you really getting out of this? Gormless girl is gormless. Let's pursue her!!!
Reply 17
Original post by PhysicsGal
I'm a girl, and people that don't know me call me shy and quiet, so I'm qualified to respond :smile:

Anyway, her not replying to your f/b might be cos she hasn't checked f/b or missed the post (god knows how...)...but if she put something on her wall or whatever after you messaged, then she has read ur msg and she's maybe just unsure of how to respond cos maybe she thinks if she meets up with you there might be awkward silences and stuff. I do think she's interested otherwise she wouldn't have accepted you on fb I guess.

Too many maybes.

Talk about something you know you have in common (use her f/b to find out), or about mutual friends and how you met em or w.e...just something she knows she can respond on and ask you questions about too.

Invite her to dance and stuff, don't just give up if she is still shy at the 2nd party! Never give up, you might be missing out on a truly amazing person if you do!!!:eek:

Edit: ****, I just realised your party has already happened...weeks ago! Erm...heheh....how did it go then?:colondollar:

Ohhhhh you've upset the whole apple cart now, because now I just replied, but I'm out of sync with the timing too, and oh, it's a mess.
Original post by Yidette
Ohhhhh you've upset the whole apple cart now, because now I just replied, but I'm out of sync with the timing too, and oh, it's a mess.

:P:ashamed:
Reply 19
LOOL This girl is too funny, you can tell she is trying to put on the hard to get act, and She doesnt sound as shy because if shes willing to bump into you whilst dancing, this shows that she physically Confident so I dont see a problem why she cant talk to you. In my opionion you should just talk to her again and just be yourself, dont try to be another person when in order for her to talk, if she isnt interested then She will defo ignore you or give the one word answer however if she likes you am sure she will go with the flow, let me tell you as a girl, girls love to play mind games with guy especially when they know the guy likes them alot they enjoy the feeling of disowning the guy till he comes after her after 5 tmes atleast, but like I said be yourself, and she might come to you, you never know :smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending