The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Anyone else here applying at Westminster to study Psychology?

Just looking for anyone else who has applied. Haven't actually spoke to anyone else that has, or already studies the course!

This is my favourite uni out of my choices so I'm really hoping I get in, plus I am commuting and it will only take about an hour and ten minutes via train. The only problem is that I'm predicted BBB, not ABB :frown: I'm hoping that they are lenient!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm not applying for Psychology but I got an unconditional offer to study Politcs based on my ACC grades even though their entry requirements are BBB so they are lenient. :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Heyyy! Good to hear you got onto the course :smile: and great to hear that they are lenient too :P

Hoping my personal statement can help me get my way in, as my tutor was impressed and thought it was excellent (even though I thought it was crap :/). Hoping they don't think it's crap either.
Reply 3
Hey, I've applied for psychology at Westminster and received a conditional offer for BBB even though I'm predicted ABB :biggrin:
should be fine :smile:
Reply 4
Well done! :smile:. That's good to hear, hopefully I stand a bit of a chance then!

My ucas was sent off by my college this morning, so hopefully I'll hear something from them next week!
Reply 5
It'll be fine, good luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
You too :smile:
Reply 7
I'm Applying to westminster :smile: Also there entry criteria for Psychology is BBB now it was ABB before.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ikz94
I'm Applying to westminster :smile: Also there entry criteria for Psychology is BBB now it was ABB before.

Ahh yes that's great news! Hopefully I stand a bit more of a chance now they've put the criteria down haha. Good luck with your application :smile: have you sent it off or heard anything from the uni yet?
Reply 9
I went to see the uni yesterday, it's nice enough but the accommodation is in Harrow and Wembley :/ :frown:
Reply 10
Do they not have any accomodation in regents street at all? That's a shame. I'm going to be commuting there from essex.
Reply 11
Original post by Phes
Do they not have any accomodation in regents street at all? That's a shame. I'm going to be commuting there from essex.

The accommodation in Wembley is only 30 mins away on the tube.
Reply 12
Original post by Phes
Ahh yes that's great news! Hopefully I stand a bit more of a chance now they've put the criteria down haha. Good luck with your application :smile: have you sent it off or heard anything from the uni yet?

Nope I haven't sent it off my tuoturs a nut. She keeps telling me she'l get round to doing it but she never does. :frown:
Hiii I'm a first year Psychology student at Westminster! :smile:

They were quite lenient last year, I got in through clearing with ABC and a friend of mine with three C's!
The regents campus is really nice, well I like it! :') haha

I know a guy that commutes from Essex every day and it doesn't seem like much of a bother to him. On the other hand, a lot of student live in the Harrow and Wembley accommodation, it seems quite social from what I hear, I live at home unfortunately :frown: haha

Anything you'd like to know, feel free to PM me :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Zahra..

They were quite lenient last year, I got in through clearing with ABC and a friend of mine with three C's!

I know a guy that commutes from Essex every day and it doesn't seem like much of a bother to him. On the other hand, a lot of student live in the Harrow and Wembley accommodation, it seems quite social from what I hear, I live at home unfortunately :frown: haha

I've been bugging to ask someone can you tell me if like the psychology undergraduates are of a mix bunch? I'd hate to go to a uni were it's asian dominated I'm asian btw :P
Reply 15
I got a conditional offer for BBB :biggrin:

Original post by Zahra..

Three C's?! I probably do stand a chance in getting in then haha :smile:.

Good to hear that someone else commutes from Essex. Was thinking it could be a pain to do every day, but thinking of it I spend more time waiting for busses now than I would getting to London haha.

How do you find the course?
Original post by ikz94
I've been bugging to ask someone can you tell me if like the psychology undergraduates are of a mix bunch? I'd hate to go to a uni were it's asian dominated I'm asian btw :P

Haha yeahh there are, quite a few but I'd say there's a good mix. There are more asians at the cavendish campus though, but everyone's really nice! Most of my friends are either Bengali or Pakistani, though I'm not Asian :')

Original post by Phes
Three C's?! I probably do stand a chance in getting in then haha :smile:.

Good to hear that someone else commutes from Essex. Was thinking it could be a pain to do every day, but thinking of it I spend more time waiting for busses now than I would getting to London haha.

How do you find the course?

Haha, I think it takes about two hours on the train. And yeahh, three C's! It's because there weren't as many people applying to uni last year compared to the other years due to fee rise, so they were much more lenient.

I actually really like the course, surprisingly Research Methods has become my favourite module haha I really disliked it at A-levels :lol: I can't wait to start the Social and Developmental module next semester! :biggrin:
Reply 17
You like Research Methods?! Never thought I'd hear someone say it haha :smile:.

What's your timetable like? Are you in for lectures every day or just a few days out of the week?
Original post by Phes
You like Research Methods?! Never thought I'd hear someone say it haha :smile:.

What's your timetable like? Are you in for lectures every day or just a few days out of the week?

Haha i'm surprised at myself for liking it! So far, we've mostly been covering A-level stuff so it's pretty much just revision for me. We do quite a few studies so that's quite cool too! :biggrin:

I quite like my timetable! I'm only at the campus from Mondays to Wednesdays and finish at 2 and 12 on those days so we get quite a lot of free time! :smile:

Are you thinking of firming Westminster? I gotta warn you though, it's like 80% girls... but then again that might be good for guys :wink: haha
Reply 19
Hi, I got accepted into westminster for psychology last month for sept 2013 start. It is also my first choice, however I recieved offers from all 5 applications so will see how my grades go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending