The Student Room Group

Arabic Girls and black guys

I got back in touch with a girl who went to my secondary school, we weren't best friends or anything but we built up a decent repartee but there was no real contact outside of school.

We are going to different sixth forms, which happen to be pretty close (lucky). I began to really look forward to just talking to her on the bus rides in the morning and sometimes walking. I worked up the courage to gether phone number (i have no experience with girls, besides this girl i have no CLOSE female friends and a handful of friendly acquaintances).

I wouldn't say that i love her (too strong a word) but i like her very much and want to move things forward, but she's arabic (from egypt) and i'm not sure how her family etc. will react to her dating a black guy (i'm assuming she reciprocates). When i've asked friends from that sort of background they've said it's not really the done thing.

what does tsr think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How will they react?

You remember Shafilea Ahmed?
In my experience Arabs are very racist towards blacks. Black and slave are the same word in Arabic.
Reply 3
Original post by a_t
How will they react?

You remember Shafilea Ahmed?

doesn't inspire much confidence
Reply 4
There is only one way to find out. Ask her.
Lol, how are any of us supposed to know how this particular family will react? Do we know them personally?

Even if there are rumours or trends that many Arabs are against interracial dating, it doesn't mean this particular family will be against it either. You never know they could be cool with it.

You're probably best just asking her personally.
Once they go black they will never turn back
Original post by Anonymous
In my experience Arabs are very racist towards blacks. Black and slave are the same word in Arabic.

That isn't true.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8

I am an Arabian .... Totally wrong ... Arabs are not white BTW lol ...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9

Black in Arabic means = إسود

Slave in Arabic means = عبد

Same word really lol
:coma:
Reply 11
Original post by Super Cicero
Arabs are caucasoids though, so they are actually basically the same as white people. (All humans are either Caucasoid, Negroid or Mongoloid, or a mixture).

So who knows more about Arabs you or Me ?
Reply 12
Are you disagreeing with what I just said? Because you're being slightly ridiculous by implying that if somebody isn't an Arab they therefore can't possibly know anything about Arabs. What nonsense.

(I'm not the person who posted anonymously above).

Did I say that if somebody isn't an Arab they therefore can't know anything about Arabs ?

What about the word (more) in my previous post?
(edited 11 years ago)
My family would NOT be happy if I was dating a black guy (they're Algerian/Tunisian). Don't think it'll go well unless she likes to rebel anyway.
Reply 14
What is your problem? I was merely stating a fact about Arabs (source for that here), which you have not so far disputed, and you are suddenly trying to say that since you supposedly know more about Arabs than I do (you don't even know me, so how can you determine this?), my statement is therefore wrong.

And when I said that Arab are not White was also a fact
Can we get back on topic guys? I know this is TSR, but still
Reply 16
They are not generally considered to be "White", because the term has come to usually mean "White Christian of European origin" and if thats the definition you're going by then of course you're correct. However, in more scientific terms, it is a fact that all humans are either Caucasoid, Negroid or Mongoloid, and out of those 3 Arabs are Caucasoids, the same group as White Europeans.

I really appreciate your polite replies. The point I want to show is that the majority of Arabs are not racist against black that's it :smile:

As well as I will be totally wrong if I say 'western people hate black' even Germans...
Arab are usually racist towards blacks
Reply 18
Original post by umarrehman187
Arab are usually racist towards blacks

Evidence for the word usually ?
Reply 19
Arabian is more language\cultural distinction more than race imo.
for the OP question, have no idea. Prob will have a better chance if you're a muslim black guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending