The Student Room Group

Not far off the end of first term - how's everyone getting on?

So whether you're a new student or returning it was a bit of a controversial year this year. Speaknig to 2nd years studying Music yesterday they were talking about how hard it was finding the extra money and that it felt a bit unfair that new starters were having still having the full amount funded.

Has it been a difficult term for you guys? Whether it was 1st year or returning? How have things been generally? There was a lot of stuff about accommodation and results over the summer too.

Everyone got it all sorted now and enjoying being back or are you holding out for the break so you can go home and eat finally. :smile:

Peace SSS
Reply 1
Not bad, though the end of term = end of modules = a huge amount of assignments due in so my life is like :work:
How is it going for you? Do you have a lot of money to find compared to the 1st years?
I'm really loving it :-) definitely picked the right course for me and enjoying it so far! :smile:
(I do English at QUB).
Reply 3
Love it here - like snailsareslimy I know I have picked the right University. It struck me last week, straight after my Icelandic test, that it was a big deal; I have been learning new skills (like learning Icelandic and phonetics) as well as building on the ones developed at A level.
At the same time, I am looking forward to being able to go straight to sleep when I want to go to bed!
Time is absolutely flying here but I cannot imagine going to any other University now I am here.
Reply 4
Third year is sapping my life force slowly.
Reply 5
First year at ECA.

I absolutely love it, I don't want to go home! Course is awesome, definitely the right choice to come to Edinburgh, it feels like home already. I've done things I didn't think were possible with a minimum of panic attacks and I've met some lovely people. I'm sad time goes by so quickly though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending