The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for this?

I've been reading about this bursary:

http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/student-funding/undergraduate/uk-eu/bursaries/accommodation

I am hungarian and will study and so live in Scotland. My parents' income is really low... way below 16.000 pounds. does this make me eligible? thank you in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Are you (or will you) receiving the young / independent student bursary? The criteria is mentioned under the FAQs. looking at it, you must normally live in Scotland.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
well, I will be living in Scotland because I will be studying there. so this should meet the criteria..right..? :biggrin:
No - in the FAQ's it says that you usually have to live in Scotland, not just living there for the duration of the course.
Reply 4
so before I start the course i should be living there? gosh. but i plan to stay there after uni too.. i don't want to come back. so living at the uni's acommodation is not enough?
Reply 5
but it does say "You should be living away from home while at university"
Reply 6
Original post by emtudor
but it does say "You should be living away from home while at university"

What they mean is:
You've spent at least the last 3 years (?) living in Scotland but not Edinburgh.
Reply 7
but then why don't they write this down.. oh but this gave me hope.. and now :s-smilie:
Original post by emtudor
but then why don't they write this down.. oh but this gave me hope.. and now :s-smilie:

Are you eligible for Scottish Student Finance (SAAS)? If not (since you are EU I don't know the rules surrounding this) then there is no way in which you would be eligible since it says you have to be eligible for that first, THEN this bursary.

You are NOT Scottish domiciled... you are not eligible for their funding
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
i am eligible for the tuition fees loan.
I thought everyone from EU was? But you have to be eligible for the bursary.
Reply 12
thank you for your help. i just don't get this... i will be living in Scotland... :s-smilie: so why can't they help me :'(
You have to from Scotland. Is there nothing your government gives you?
Reply 14
nothing.... i'm sure.. basically, in Hungary the government doesn't support students who want to study abroad. they transform the country into a prison.
Original post by emtudor
thank you for your help. i just don't get this... i will be living in Scotland... :s-smilie: so why can't they help me :'(

because your parents havent been paying taxes to the government which helps pay for schemes like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending