The Student Room Group

Writing Essays

When writing an essay I find it hard to find information and then put it in my own words. For example if I am looking for information in a book, I don't know how to put that information in my own words and I want to try use the information from the book and reference it but that is not good academic practice. Please help!
Reply 1
Anyone? I've got an essay to hand in on Wednesday
Reply 2
Feel free to ignore this if it doesn't help you:

It can be alleged that semi-religious tones are a characteristic of many books of the time. For example, in Fredrick Zusch's An Apple, ...
:smile:
Reply 3
Write down the key facts that you're supposed to be digesting from the book onto another piece of paper, write the ref next to it (book title, page no., line no. if necessary) but when you're writing the key facts do it in note form so that when you refer to it you won't plagiarise unintentionally by simply rewording what was already written, use your own words to piece everything together?

I don't really understand what you mean. Can you elaborate? D: Just write what comes to your head but include the key fact? D:
Original post by KS2010
When writing an essay I find it hard to find information and then put it in my own words. For example if I am looking for information in a book, I don't know how to put that information in my own words and I want to try use the information from the book and reference it but that is not good academic practice. Please help!
Looks like you've got the same problem as me mate :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending