The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Adult Nursing at City University? (Undergraduate)

Scroll to see replies

I didn't go, coz ive accepted an offer from Middlesex..
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Hey guys,

I've an assessment coming up for city. I was wondering, are the interviews one to one or are they group interviews?
Reply 82
Did u have the interview and tests on the same day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by RBRo
^^ congrats!

D: did you receive it through UCAS? E-mail? Post?

Oooooh... Already two people got offers today... super nervous now.

:redface:

Congratulations what sort of questions did they ask at the interview?i have mine next month and abit nervous.
Reply 84
Hay can any one help me with the aptitude test am really worried
Reply 85
What did u do at the selection day?how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not heard from them , they have not sent me a rejection letter also. Am confused and worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by Super22
Hey guys,

I've an assessment coming up for city. I was wondering, are the interviews one to one or are they group interviews?

Helllo i have tests coming up this week for city.. Please tell me how the math and eng tests are in city as it is my 1st choice! I wannna really get in T-T

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Hi all,

I passed the Maths and English tests and have been invited to a selection day on Monday, can anyone tell me what to expect from the aptitude test?

Do you have to take other maths and English tests? Are they multiple-choice questions or open questions?

I start worrying and would like to be as prepared as possible!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by cam120
Hi all,

I passed the Maths and English tests and have been invited to a selection day on Monday, can anyone tell me what to expect from the aptitude test?

Do you have to take other maths and English tests? Are they multiple-answer questions or open questions?

I start worrying and would like to be as prepared as possible!!

Oh congratulations!!! How was math and eng test?? Mines this week! So scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
They were pretty basic. For the maths test, read the questions carefully, some of them are a bit tricky but other than that, I found it pretty easy.

The English test is alright too but I found that there was a lot to do in just 45mn. You have 20 multi-choice questions (grammar questions with gaps to fill in), then 10 questions about a 2-page-length text and an essay about your motivations to become a nurse.

My advice is know what you're gonna say in your essay in advance (have your ideas organised) and practise sample tests on the Internet and you'll be fine.

I received an email saying that I passed the next day (Saturday!!) so not long to wait to get the results.

Good luck!
Reply 91
hey guys, I have my assessment tomorrow for city. Can you let me know what english questions are like?
Reply 92
Original post by Super22
hey guys, I have my assessment tomorrow for city. Can you let me know what english questions are like?

Hey i have it tomz too :biggrin: aniways gd luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Kusum123

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by cam120
They were pretty basic. For the maths test, read the questions carefully, some of them are a bit tricky but other than that, I found it pretty easy.

The English test is alright too but I found that there was a lot to do in just 45mn. You have 20 multi-choice questions (grammar questions with gaps to fill in), then 10 questions about a 2-page-length text and an essay about your motivations to become a nurse.

My advice is know what you're gonna say in your essay in advance (have your ideas organised) and practise sample tests on the Internet and you'll be fine.

I received an email saying that I passed the next day (Saturday!!) so not long to wait to get the results.

Good luck!

I seee!! Thankyouu much appreciated :smile:x! Gd luck to u tooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Super22

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by Grace_Ox0
Hi!
I had my interview on the 29th of Jan.
the maths/literacy tests were REALLY easy and massively straight forward.
Im not very good at maths and i managed to get 100% on both of the tests. just watch out for the aptitude tests, they're abit tricky so just make sure you can answer written questions FULLY.
the interview is abit nerve wracking, but just make sure you have like a nursing case study and make sure you show loads of attention to other interviewees etc etc.
but good luck!

Bumping this thread! How long did it take between your selection day and getting an offer? Really scared I ****ed up the aptitude test...there was a question which said "list all of the skills this nurse would need from the passage above" and I was the only person I talked to who made an actual list rather than paragraphs :/
Reply 97
Original post by Kusum123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey.. How did your interview go?did you get the essay about motivation to become A nurse or every group is different essay?
Reply 98
Original post by blue diamond
Hey, the test day is on q different day to the interview, if u pass the tests then u will b invited to a selection day

I am abit confused? The email sent to me said selection day. That test will take place in the morning then interview evening time between 9-5pm. Is this the same email you got?
Reply 99
There probably changing their way if doing the selection because I had my test and interview on separate days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending