The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone applying for Computer Science MSci for 2013 entry?

Scroll to see replies

you'll get a letter of acceptance most likely before they accept you on UCAS :smile: I got my acceptance letter, then they accepted me on UCAS a week later. Confirmed Lancaster first choice, Newcastle second choice :P
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by MotherTruckerr
Nice when did you apply and where have you applied?

I sent of my application on Tuesday 27th November, and I've applied to:
1)Lancaster
2)Reading
3) Leicester (Conditional Offer Received)
4)Coventry
5) Aberystwyth (Conditional Offer Received)
Reply 22
Original post by debateamate
you'll get a letter of acceptance most likely before they accept you on UCAS :smile: I got my acceptance letter, then they accepted me on UCAS a week later. Confirmed Lancaster first choice, Newcastle second choice :P

When did you hear back from Lancaster, did you have an interview?
Reply 23
Original post by seana39223
When did you hear back from Lancaster, did you have an interview?

The department don't do interviews, unlike Physics. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Tathrim
The department don't do interviews, unlike Physics. :smile:

Oh right, thank's for letting me know, I'd been hearing contradicting stories about it :biggrin:
I'm female and i'm applying to:
Reading
Sussex
Plymouth
Kent
Essex

Yes, i have submitted my ucas app and received an interview from Essex.

But really want offer from Reading.The waiting hurts. :s-smilie:

Anyone else applying to similar unis? or applying for computer science (with industrial year) at Reading?
Hi. I applied to Lancaster for Computer Science and today I received this letter.

530277_187510661388458_525218417_n.jpg

At first I thought that it was just a welcome letter, but as I read through the letter, it sounded more of a confirmation of my offer. However, I haven't been notified that something changed in UCAS so I'm afraid that I may just be reading between the lines too much. What do you guys think?
Reply 27
Original post by FilipinoGuy
Hi. I applied to Lancaster for Computer Science and today I received this letter.

530277_187510661388458_525218417_n.jpg

At first I thought that it was just a welcome letter, but as I read through the letter, it sounded more of a confirmation of my offer. However, I haven't been notified that something changed in UCAS so I'm afraid that I may just be reading between the lines too much. What do you guys think?

Nope, it's exactly as they say. You have a conditional offer at Lancaster. 'Grats! :smile:
It would be better if it was an unconditional offer! I applied for 2nd year entry (As suggested by their Academic Tutor) so I hope it's an offer for that! Very nervous, yet excited at the same time as Lancaster's my first choice! Got rejected by Manchester and Salford as they did not accept my qualifications (Which is an Associate's Degree (2 years) in Computer Science from De La Salle University), got an offer from Liverpool and still haven't heard from UCLan.

Congrats on your offer too, by the way!
Reply 29
It would be better if it was an unconditional offer! I applied for 2nd year entry (As suggested by their Academic Tutor) so I hope it's an offer for that! Very nervous, yet excited at the same time as Lancaster's my first choice! Got rejected by Manchester and Salford as they did not accept my qualifications (Which is an Associate's Degree (2 years) in Computer Science from De La Salle University), got an offer from Liverpool and still haven't heard from UCLan.

Congrats on your offer too, by the way!

I'm a third year at Lancaster studying the BSc Computer Science course. I'm looking at graduate jobs, not universities. :biggrin:
Reply 30
1. What are you currently studying?
L3 extended BTEC in IT

2. What did you get in your first year?
on track to get DDD

3. Are you Female/Male?
male

4. Have you completed your UCAS application?
Yes, got an offer from Portsmouth waiting on Lancaster, Essex(interview), Plymouth and coventry
Reply 31
Original post by joy_to_the_world
I'm female and i'm applying to:
Reading
Sussex
Plymouth
Kent
Essex

Yes, i have submitted my ucas app and received an interview from Essex.

But really want offer from Reading.The waiting hurts. :s-smilie:

Anyone else applying to similar unis? or applying for computer science (with industrial year) at Reading?

I have also applied to Reading with a year in industry :biggrin:
Reply 32
I looked at a few accommodation and I actually found that grizdale seemed to be the best, I loved the common rooms in all of the halls. Good luck, I got an offer from Aberystwyth yesterday I'm debating between them and Coventry for my insurance choice

Deffo grizedale :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 33
My update is:
Leeds - conditional offer
Birm - conditional offer
Keele - conditional offer
Liv - conditional offer
Lamcaster - none yet

Original post by Tish
My update is:
Leeds - conditional offer
Birm - conditional offer
Keele - conditional offer
Liv - conditional offer
Lamcaster - none yet

Well done. Been 2 weeks since I did my application. Waiting for college to approve it -.-
My udpdates:

Liverpool - Conditional
Manchester - Unsuccessful (I lack a couple of math subjects)
Salford - Unsuccessful (They're asking a minimum of 3 years)
Lancaster - Not sure if it's conditional or unconditional (And I'm not sure whether it's for first or second year entry either as I initially applied for the latter), but my UKEAS agent said that it is indeed an offer.
Central Lancashire - ????

Will most probably firm Lancaster :biggrin: Will be visiting this April to check the campus! Can't wait! Which college has the most CS students? Pendale is the closest to the School of Communications though so I was thinking of picking that one.
Reply 36
Original post by MotherTruckerr
Well done. Been 2 weeks since I did my application. Waiting for college to approve it -.-

Lol mine was sent around 5-6 weeks ago. I got my first offer after two weeks since UCAS approved it.

Your college are taking the p lol

Reply 37
My udpdates:

Liverpool - Conditional
Lancaster - Not sure if it's conditional or unconditional (And I'm not sure whether it's for first or second year entry either as I initially applied for the latter), but my UKEAS agent said that it is indeed an offer.

Will most probably firm Lancaster :biggrin: Will be visiting this April to check the campus! Can't wait! Which college has the most CS students? Pendale is the closest to the School of Communications though so I was thinking of picking that one.

Why didn't you check the grade boundaries before you applied? Maybe you wouldn't be unsuccessful.

Anyways, my friend got an offer from Lanc about 1.5 weeks ago and it didn't actually say what the typical letters would say. It looked more like a confirmation letter. But no his UCAS took a week to update though.

I want to firm lanc, maybe make leeds or liv insurance.

When i visited i asked recent grads if that was the case (regards to your accommodation question).

And they said that your lectures can be pretty much anywhere on campus so when you visit go for the accomm that you feel is right.

Personally i loved grizedale, but if i get an offer ill revisit and take a better look at everything :smile:

Reply 38
My udpdates:

Liverpool - Conditional

Original post by Tish
Why didn't you check the grade boundaries before you applied? Maybe you wouldn't be unsuccessful.

Anyways, my friend got an offer from Lanc about 1.5 weeks ago and it didn't actually say what the typical letters would say. It looked more like a confirmation letter. But no his UCAS took a week to update though.

I want to firm lanc, maybe make leeds or liv insurance.

When i visited i asked recent grads if that was the case (regards to your accommodation question).

And they said that your lectures can be pretty much anywhere on campus so when you visit go for the accomm that you feel is right.

Personally i loved grizedale, but if i get an offer ill revisit and take a better look at everything :smile:

There isn't actually any teaching (at the moment) done in the SCC building. It's close to the department, but I'd say you'd be better off applying to a more central college, like Furness. Lectures are all up by County and Bowland, pretty much.
I have also applied to Reading with a year in industry :biggrin:

Oh crap! I've got competition :biggrin: Any offers?

Quick Reply