The Student Room Group

has anyone not had a boyfriend/girlfriend yet?

I'm 18 and still haven't had a boyfriend, is it weird? like, I see 13 year olds in relationships, and I still haven't had one yet. is anyone in the same position as me, just so that I know I'm not alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You my dear girl, are not alone. I've always felt like i wanted a girlfriend, but whenever i actually have something going, my mind just goes into that wonderful state of 'CBA' :smile: but to answer your question, yeah, perfectly normal.
yes, I turn 18 in a couple of months and I've never really had a relationship with anyone. Don't worry about it, it's just because you want the perfect person and theses 13 year olds clearly don't care.
Just do a quick search of this site, and you'll find literally hundreds of posts from different people, some in their 20s, who haven't had a relationship before. It's not really as odd as you might think, so don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 4
Im 17 and never had a boyfriend never really seen the point...I guess I a cynic.
I've not had a 'boyfriend/girlfriend' yet but have booked tickets to Thailand for New Year. Watch this space then.
Reply 6
You've already done this thread once this evening...
Reply 7
Oh bore off with these threads will you.

A lot of people will have had a bf/gf by this age but if you haven't its not a big deal.
One thing for certain though is that if you plan on carrying making these dull threads your situation will not change.
Reply 8
No, you're not weird. There's no definite age set for a relationship. I'm 2 years older than you and haven't been in a relationship before. It's normal. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by cambio wechsel
I've not had a 'boyfriend/girlfriend' yet but have booked tickets to Thailand for New Year. Watch this space then.

That's fantastic. Gave me a laugh on this cold Friday night in the university library.
Reply 10
Original post by bssjonny
Oh bore off with these threads will you.

A lot of people will have had a bf/gf by this age but if you haven't its not a big deal.
One thing for certain though is that if you plan on carrying making these dull threads your situation will not change.

Ha ha. I was thinking, we are seeing these threads all the time! Who cares if you haven't had a boyfriend/girlfriend by the time you are 18, it's perfectly normal!
Your time will come, don't think too much into it. Enjoy being single for the time being!

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Health_and_Relationships_Guidelines
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Nope, I haven't had a boyfriend either, OP, don't worry.

(Is this where I mention I'm a straight guy?)
im 22 and i have no ****.
before i discovered this website i always thought 'i must be the only 17 year old to have never had a boyfriend' but it's surprising how many people haven't! you're not alone (:
Me :frown: Im 20 and honestly its something i get quite insecure about as i feel im just 'not good enough' for anyone
Original post by an-anon-student
I'm 18 and still haven't had a boyfriend, is it weird? like, I see 13 year olds in relationships, and I still haven't had one yet. is anyone in the same position as me, just so that I know I'm not alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 18, I've never been kissed, nor have I been in a relationship... But when the time comes, it'll come.
Original post by IxI_Rhys_IxI
I'm 18, I've never been kissed, nor have I been in a relationship... But when the time comes, it'll come.

...and then you will.

Sorry!! Living with a very dirty minded flatmate and I really couldn't resist. Sorry. :tongue: :rolleyes: :colondollar:

Anyway, OP, don't worry about it. Loads of people haven't.
Reply 18
I've slept with a fair number of girls, but never had a serious relationship and I'm 22. I dunno if this is a good or bad thing. Oh well.
Reply 19
Original post by an-anon-student

Hey, I'm 17 (18 in March) and I haven't had a girlfriend yet, or had my first kiss as a matter of fact.

You're not alone (I don't know about the kiss part, you may have had yours, I dunno, but you're not alone about not having had a boyfriend yet).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending