The Student Room Group

Are Converse shoes any good?

I'm not all that into fashion and clothing, and yet even I know the name Converse. As a shoe brand, do they tend to last? I'm asking because I really needed new shoes a few months ago, and saw that Clarks had an offer on. I managed to find these pretty good shoes on offer from £30 dropped to £10-15, so snapped up three pairs. However, not one pair actually lasted more than two months. It was completely ridiculous, there are massive holes around where the ball of each foot is, and the upper part is detached ffrom the sole at the back on some of them. (I should note they weren't Clarks own brand shoes).

So I've found this pretty good deal for Converse shoes for £20, and I'm thinking it's worth spending a bit more than I normally would if it means a higher quality. Is Converse just a fashionable brand name or do they actually make durable shoes?

And are there any other particular brands people would recommend for not-too-expensive casual shoes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I bought my converses (conversi?) when I was around 13. I am now 21 and they are still awesome and comfortable to wear.

Obviously they don't look as brand spanking new but that's the beauty of converse. The older they are, the better they look!
Buy them ! 20 quid is a really good deal and I love mine to bits. If im just hanging about somewhere then they're all I wear (: I find them really comfy and not a pair has ever rubbed or anything. The soles are really good on them, of course they will wear eventually, but I had a pair that I literally wore nearly every day and they only really started showing signs of wearing after a year maybe ? Obviously it depends on how much you wear them and what you wear them for, but I would definitely recommend :smile: (plus you can get pretty colors :') )

Posted from TSR Mobile
For twenty quid, you can't go wrong.
My converse are certainly some of my longest surviving pair of shoes, I've had them for years and they're still intact and just as comfortable as when I bought them.

Also my feet are pretty narrow and they seem to fit the width of my feet pretty well.
(edited 11 years ago)
you could go barefoot for free
Reply 6
They look nice. Mine always make my shins hurt which is weird.
Reply 7
£20 converse oyoyo, link me
Converse actually makes some of the best shoes for the price range even at full retail. 20 Quid is an awesome bargain, go for it
Reply 9
I still like and wear my converse and I have them for 8 years now.
Got my first pair aged 13, still have them now, aged 21.
They're good for summer, the come in a million different colours, but not good in the rain!
Original post by iamvick
I bought my converses (conversi?)

The plural of converse is Chucks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucks
Reply 12
I have two pairs, one is six months old and the other pair are well over a year old. I wear both pairs regularly and all thats happened is the oldest pair are beginning to wear at the back.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Go for it :smile: I've had mine for 5 years now and they're still in quite good condition. The sole is still good. The only cons is that they don't like water much eg very slippy on wet floor and takes forever to dry once drenched.
Reply 14
Go for it. Converses are awesome.
i'd say they're definitely worth £20!
Reply 16
Original post by cambio wechsel
The plural of converse is Chucks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucks

Thanks man
Seriously, where are you getting them for £20?? I want to know :redface:
Get them!!
I have 8 pairs of converse in the past year and a half , I can't throw them away and I just can't help buying them :lol: before I started wearing converse I just had like 2 pairs... I have 3 pairs for Christmas too, which include a Batman pair :love:

Get them I don't think I'll ever buy another brand of shoe again

Quick Reply

Latest