The Student Room Group

Uni Transfer !!

Hii guys

Im halfway through my first year in uni and want to transfer to another one next year with a similar course, without restarting. But the A-level requirements for this uni I want to get in is higher compared to what I actually got :ashamed: ..

If I do well this year in my current uni, would they be able to take account of this?? If so when should I start applying for ucas again, after my first year exams?

Pleaseee heeeelpp !! :cry2:
I think the best thing you could do is speak to the university you would like to move to see if they would accept you in to thei course.

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on this and the only way to find out is to speak to the unis/departments concerned to get an idea of what is possible.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
It depends entirely on the university. Here is what you need to find out...

1. Will they definitely consider your application? You need to e-mail them before you do anything else. Tell them your grades, where and what you're currently studying and also your modules. Ask them if they accept transfers to begin the second year.

2. If they say yes, any offer they give you will be dependent on how you do in the first year. Generally, you should expect them to ask for you to achieve a solid 2.1 in your first year.

3. You should apply as soon as possible really, although in the initial e-mail you should ask when the deadline for applying is. It shouldn't be as strict as an undergraduate application, though. They will require a reference from your university, so if you're sure about this choice you need to ask a lecturer/teacher for one at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending