The Student Room Group

Should I be my sisters "boyfriend" for the day?

Scroll to see replies

No. Please don't.
You know what they say, incest is best, keep it in the family. Go for it!
Reply 22
NO don't do it!
[video="youtube;31g0YE61PLQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/video]
She should never have lied... If it got out that she pretended her brother was her boyfriend, she will never live it down. She'll likely be bullied about it afterwards... Seriously, it's the worst idea ever.
Just tell her to pretend she broke up with the boyfriend. It really isn't a big deal if she's single... seriously!
like everyone's been saying this is already sitcom like! i say your safest bet is getting her to go alone and then saying her bf couldn't make it for whatever reason, have her change your name on her phone and then either get her to call you or you call her and then pretend to be her boyfriend on the phone (which would probably be awkward), that way she can prove it to her friends by putting the call on loudspeaker or something and you save yourself from the embarrassment.
that's the most practical thing i can think of that would satisfy the both of you in such a situation :P
You probably should have explained to your sister that it's okay to be single, even if all of her friends aren't. Why did she have to lie about it like that, it was such a silly thing to do. She got herself into this predicament, and you helping her will do neither of you any good. In my opinion she should admit she lied.

Anyhow.

It was a really bad idea with good intentions, but no I don't think you should do it.
You really shouldn't though, because she'll still feel on the inside that she isn't good enough and in pretending to be her boyfriend you're giving the way she feels legitimacy, so you need to work on that (plus it's really ****ing weird).
Whoah! Tell your sister to tell her friends her "boyfriend" broke up with her. Then, they'll be all sad and stuff and you both win...
Reply 29
Mum, I felt sorry for XXX and agreed to do something for her, but I've realised it would be really stupid on all sorts of levels. Can you help me talk to her and make her see that, and perhaps come up with a graceful way out for her?
Did I just read the synopsis for an upcoming sitcom?

I say get a friend of yours to take her.
Will it not look a little suspect that an 18 year old is dating a 15 year old? :sly:

Also, I could not imagine doing this with my brother :lolwut: The fact that she even asked you is weird (although your concern is sweet).
You'll end up having to kiss. Don't do it.

Offer her if one of your friends can do it, and then tell the guy to. If that's not good enough, that's her problem.
Reply 33
She'll be asking you to practice kissing with her next....slippery slope.
:K:
Reply 35
no.. thats just awkward.. what if her friends go round to your house one day! Worst case scenario - find a not 'ugly' friend
Reply 36
Doesn't matter, had sex.
Reply 37
I genuinely spat out my tea in laughter at how ridiculously funny this thread is. Of course you can't: if her friends found out about this, she'd never live it down!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by CraigWM
Doesn't matter, had sex.

I've run out of rep but thought that was brilliant. Lonely island, right?
Original post by Anonymous
OK, my sister is 15, and goes to an all girls school. She's always been a bit weird. She went back to school this september and found out all her friends have boyfriends, and she's been getting upset about not having one herself.

Anyway, last night she came into my room crying. I asked what's wrong, and she said that all her friends and their boyfriends are going out together as a group. She wanted to go too so she lied and said she had a boyfriend too. Now they're going on their "date" in 3 days, and she's panicking.

So she asked if I could pretend to be her boyfriend and go with her. I was an idiot and said yes because I don't like seeing her unhappy :frown:. I don't really want to do it though, I'll be the only 18 year old there, the rest are 14-16. Plus, what if someone we know sees us, blows my cover, and embarrases us both? I did try getting out of it. I told her to get a real boyfriend, but she said there's not enough time. Then I suggested my best friend could be her "boyfriend", but apparently he's ugly. Lastly, I suggessted our cousins, but she doesn't get on with them. Btw, if I do decide to go through with it, there definitely won't be anything sexual happening.

What do I do?

No, don't do it. Tell her to make up an excuse as to how she has to go somewhere else, and then after a few weeks if they ask she can say that they broke up.

It will be awkward, and it will probably be very embarrassing for both of you if you meet someone you know. Plus her friends will probably take the piss out of her for all eternity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending