The Student Room Group

Norwich University college of arts (NUCA) 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by W1nDs0R
:smile: I got an offer for illustration. Anybody know which accommodation is the best?

Congratulations on your offer, and for accommodation I'm Waiting to see if my 3 friends have got in who had there interviews today and if they have we will be getting a private house together as it will be easier to get into and cheaper than the provided accommodation, if i was going for the uni accommodation I would go for beach croft or Harvard court only because every room has it's own bathroom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Yeah I am pretty keen an en-suite. Will be like a holiday haha. Can't wait. Seems like a pretty nice place. Apart from I found a fired bullet in the street, cool souvenir though.
Reply 62
Original post by W1nDs0R
Yeah I am pretty keen an en-suite. Will be like a holiday haha. Can't wait. Seems like a pretty nice place. Apart from I found a fired bullet in the street, cool souvenir though.

have you thought about going private?

that was probably from the military shop in norwich they sell things like that and old army helmets and other old army things, cool souvenir though :smile:
I got an offer for Fine Art! Can't wait
Reply 64
Had my interview yesterday, loved it was a really nice city and looked like a great uni! Now the waiting game :confused:
How long did it take everyone to get there offers/rejections in?
Reply 65
I got my answer within two days )
Reply 66
Hi everyone,

As I said before in this thread I already got my conditional offer to games art & design ( I just need to make the IELTS exam). Now I'm thinking to move to Norwich in a few months. I'm not from the UK so I've to go through all of that thing of finding a room, a job, dealing with bureaucracies and etc...

And it would be great to meet some people already when I arrive in Norwich, just to make this new journey more easy. :biggrin:
So if anyone wants to talk just send me a PM.
Reply 67
Hey guys! Just stumbled upon this thread! My name is Esther and I Live in the Isle of Man which is very far away from Norwich...

I got my offer yesterday which i was really happy about as it is my first choice! Despite not being able to go for an interview I was able to send them some of my stuff. Going to study Graphic Design, so hopefully see some of you there! :smile:
Reply 68
Hi everyone :smile:
I had my Interview for Film and Moving Image Production today. I was so nervous but needn't of been, it was friendly and relaxed. So to anyone still waiting, don't worry! Norwich is my first choice so here's hoping...!

Original post by Cuffbert
Mine is the 26th I believe without looking it up lol, getting worried now?

Apologies if I'm wrong but I think you may of gone in after me!?
Reply 69
Original post by KellyA
Hi everyone :smile:
I had my Interview for Film and Moving Image Production today. I was so nervous but needn't of been, it was friendly and relaxed. So to anyone still waiting, don't worry! Norwich is my first choice so here's hoping...!

Apologies if I'm wrong but I think you may of gone in after me!?

It was a really nice interview for Fine Art too! The interviewer was so lovely, I got my offer 3 days well technically 2 and a half if we're being pedantic! Good Luck :smile:
Reply 70
hi!
so i got a offer to study Graphic Design at Norwich, will definitely be going! actually cannot wait :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 71
Anybody else apply for illustration :smile:
Reply 72
Does anybody plan to live in the campus halls?
Reply 73
I accepted my offer for Games Art & Design!! I got it like 2 days after my interview maybe? Which was on the 19th. I'm leaning towards Harvard Court for accommodation. It seems expensive though but looks good in the pictures Ive also asked someone who lives there and they recommend it.
Reply 74
Original post by AidenL
I accepted my offer for Games Art & Design!! I got it like 2 days after my interview maybe? Which was on the 19th. I'm leaning towards Harvard Court for accommodation. It seems expensive though but looks good in the pictures Ive also asked someone who lives there and they recommend it.

I agree with this. I'm not too keen on the massive halls. Would much rather be in a house where I get a bit of privacy. Harvard court looks nice. Luckily I am over 300 miles away so should get a room.
Original post by W1nDs0R
Anybody else apply for illustration :smile:

Yes. Still waiting :smile:

I am from EU and I could sugest to any of you to don't ever go to Bournemouth and to UCA on Ba Illustration... In Bournemouth a course leader don't know how to draw and is an Fine Artist, however bournemouth has super facilities. in UCA you have 25 % chance to enter in year one or at least was that way but is not worth it because you are almost on your own most of the time...
They have one aworded illustrator, but you can see mostly in 2 and 3 year ...
I entered in Anglia Ruskin without any interview. I had an interview in Brighton and in Falmouth. In Brighton you had 0,5 % chance to enter and I think Kingston just take those who put kingston no 1...

Always go on an open day and ask them as much as possible...
Reply 76
The universities aren't actually done in an order of priority. Its done alphabetically. My girlfriend got an unconditional from Camberwell and the condition of a pass on our foundation for kingston. She did great :smile:
Hey I got an offer for fine art too :smile: was wondering how far away the accommodation actually is from the uni and town?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also not sure what's the best accomodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Hi guys, I've got a conditional offer to study textiles this year, but still not certain if Norwich is my first choice, as I'm waiting for my other interviews. I was just wondering if you have to actually confirm the offer as a firm choice before you can apply for accomdation? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending