The Student Room Group

Norwich University college of arts (NUCA) 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Shann0n94
Hi guys, I've got a conditional offer to study textiles this year, but still not certain if Norwich is my first choice, as I'm waiting for my other interviews. I was just wondering if you have to actually confirm the offer as a firm choice before you can apply for accomdation? :smile:

yes you have to confirm as a firm choice as far as I'm aware, but you will of had to make your decision by the time the accommodation becomes available as it becomes available in may and may is the UCAS deadline i believe :smile:
Reply 81
Helloooo there guys!
I received an unconditional offer from Norwich to study textiles this year (:
After going to my other interviews I just didn't get the same vibe. I was offered places but I knew that Norwich was the one I wanted to go too! Plus its a brilliant university for all that its achieved for textiles so it would be silly not to go! Congratulations on everyone else who was offered a place/has accepted their offer (:

Now its time to decide whether to go into student accommodation or a house. I'm more in favor of getting a house really so I was just popping on here to see what everyone else is doing?!
Reply 82
Original post by indyhan

I'm more in favor of getting a house really so I was just popping on here to see what everyone else is doing?!

Hi! Congratulations for your offer! :biggrin:
I will rent a room in a flatshare.
Reply 83
Yes! There is a thread for NUA Applicants!
I got an unconditional for Games Art and Design after being away from college for a couple of years so that's pretty awesome.
Maybe we can all get together and live under a bridge somewhere ^^
How is everyone and what are your expectations? :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Kinhe
Hi! Congratulations for your offer! :biggrin:
I will rent a room in a flatshare.

Thank you dude (: Ah so you looking for housemates too?
Reply 85
Original post by lvetoreti
Yes! There is a thread for NUA Applicants!
I got an unconditional for Games Art and Design after being away from college for a couple of years so that's pretty awesome.
Maybe we can all get together and live under a bridge somewhere ^^
How is everyone and what are your expectations? :smile:

I got an unconditional after being away from college for a couple years too dude! I was not expecting it, was my first option but I genuinely didn't think I was guna get in so I just kept other options open so I was so surprised when my interview went really well (:
I'm pretty excited, its a sweet uni and the textiles teachers were so down to earth. Just got good vibes from this place!
What were your reasons for making it the uni you wana go too?
Original post by indyhan
Helloooo there guys!
I received an unconditional offer from Norwich to study textiles this year (:
After going to my other interviews I just didn't get the same vibe. I was offered places but I knew that Norwich was the one I wanted to go too! Plus its a brilliant university for all that its achieved for textiles so it would be silly not to go! Congratulations on everyone else who was offered a place/has accepted their offer (:

Now its time to decide whether to go into student accommodation or a house. I'm more in favor of getting a house really so I was just popping on here to see what everyone else is doing?!

Well done on your unconditional offer! That's amazing! :') i also got an offer from Norwich to study BA Hons Photography, but i still don't know if it is going to be my first choice! I'm so indecisive!! But if i do put as my firm choice then i am also looking for flat mates! :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 87
Original post by indyhan
I got an unconditional after being away from college for a couple years too dude! I was not expecting it, was my first option but I genuinely didn't think I was guna get in so I just kept other options open so I was so surprised when my interview went really well (:
I'm pretty excited, its a sweet uni and the textiles teachers were so down to earth. Just got good vibes from this place!
What were your reasons for making it the uni you wana go too?

Wow coincidence! :biggrin: I honestly didn't think I was gonna get accepted either, but the interview went SO well, and then they gave me a conditional, which made me crazy because I have no outstanding qualifications, so then I called them, and they were all nice and just pressed a button and changed it to an unconditional, and I screamed with happiness.
Basically, the only reason I chose NUA over the others is because the others didn't give me an interview, so I had a place in a foundation year in norwich and this course, then they gave me the green light and I went for it :smile:
Nice to see there's lots of cool people applying there!
I'll probably attempt to apply for accommodations, but I'll definitely be looking for housemates if I can't get in!
And I know what you're talking about getting a good vibe from that place, I got this good feeling about it as soon as I got in :smile:
Edit: Oh, and congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 88
So everyone here is looking for flatmates pretty much? Awesome! Extremely convenient.
Reply 89
Original post by indyhan
Thank you dude (: Ah so you looking for housemates too?

Yeah, but I'm moving to Norwich next month so It's going to be a bit difficult to find housemates to rent a house. I will have to find a flat with already people in there and a room available. But yeah if I could I wanted to share a flat with people from NUA.
Reply 90
Original post by Kinhe
Yeah, but I'm moving to Norwich next month so It's going to be a bit difficult to find housemates to rent a house. I will have to find a flat with already people in there and a room available. But yeah if I could I wanted to share a flat with people from NUA.

Well we are all nice people here :P
Reply 91
Well we are all nice people here :P

Hehe I know that. :biggrin: And I hope to meet you all, but probably you guys will just share a flat a month before the course starts and I have to find a room in 17th of April, it's a bit soon to find housemates (or isn't?). But I can change of apartment again in mid September in that case we can talk about it. :biggrin:

Is there anyone here that already lives in Norwich?
Reply 92
Original post by Kinhe
Hehe I know that. :biggrin: And I hope to meet you all, but probably you guys will just share a flat a month before the course starts and I have to find a room in 17th of April, it's a bit soon to find housemates (or isn't?). But I can change of apartment again in mid September in that case we can talk about it. :biggrin:

Is there anyone here that already lives in Norwich?

I live 25min away from Norwich :P April already? why?
Reply 93
I live 25min away from Norwich :P April already? why?

Yeah I have to move to Norwich a bit sooner in order to do the IELTS exam and to find a job. (:
Reply 94
Original post by Kinhe
Yeah I have to move to Norwich a bit sooner in order to do the IELTS exam and to find a job. (:

I hate my job, you can have it! Retail SUCKS.
Reply 95
I hate my job, you can have it! Retail SUCKS.

Well if it's a job I will take it, I really need to find one right away when I arrive in Norwich I really want to feel that I have stability in my life while I'm in the UK. :P
Reply 96
Original post by Kinhe
Well if it's a job I will take it, I really need to find one right away when I arrive in Norwich I really want to feel that I have stability in my life while I'm in the UK. :P

I don't know how I'm gonna balance work and job but, hell I can't afford to not have any money whilst in uni, however, since everyone here is looking for a housemate, it seems that finding a house won't be a problem! :biggrin:
Reply 97
I don't know how I'm gonna balance work and job but, hell I can't afford to not have any money whilst in uni, however, since everyone here is looking for a housemate, it seems that finding a house won't be a problem! :biggrin:

Yeah I also think the same.
I have been searching some rooms to rent in this website:
http://www.homesforstudents.co.uk/

There's a lot of stuff.

Do you know some hostel in Norwich with good prices? I need a place to stay in the first days while I'm searching for a room.
Reply 98
Original post by Kinhe
Yeah I also think the same.
I have been searching some rooms to rent in this website:
http://www.homesforstudents.co.uk/

There's a lot of stuff.

Do you know some hostel in Norwich with good prices? I need a place to stay in the first days while I'm searching for a room.

Don't know many in-city, only one I've ever stayed was the Premier Inn right by the train station, which was really nice, around 60 a night though, so I really don't know about hotels. There's always my house lol! There seems to be a few hotels at about 30 a night but I don't know their quality really.
Reply 99
Hi guys! Espexially Katie! I've got a conditional for textiles too! O
definately think Norwich is my first choice! And I absolutely love the accomodation, like proper hotels! Looked round some other uni houses and Norwich is definitely the best! So where's you from?! I'm about hour and a half from Norwich, near Cambridge! What's everyone like? Looking for lively, fun personality, people who like to party and study! Norwich is apparently a great place to live xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending