The Student Room Group

Norwich University college of arts (NUCA) 2013 applicants

Hey!

So I couldn't see a thread anywhere for 2013 applicants to Norwich University College of arts ( NUCA ) anywhere so though I'd make one

I just finished my UCAS application today and it's being checked by my tutor tomorrow ... bit nervous!

So just to copy other applicant threads -

Name:
Course Applying For:
Other Choices:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: James
Current and Predicted Grades: L3 Extended Diploma Photography DDD*
Course Applying For: BA (Hons) Photography
Other Choices: Hertfordshire & Nottingham Trent
Aw good luck! :biggrin:

Name: Katie
Current course & Predicted grades: Btec National Diploma (L3) Photography & D*DD
Course applying for: BA Photography
Other choices: Leeds College of Art, Staffordshire, London college of communication and UCA Farnham

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by katiemcatackney
Aw good luck! :biggrin:

Name: Katie
Current course & Predicted grades: Btec National Diploma (L3) Photography & D*DD
Course applying for: BA Photography
Other choices: Leeds College of Art, Staffordshire, London college of communication and UCA Farnham

Good luck to you too :smile:

I was just trying to work out where I recognised your usr name from the I realised its from instagram :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JamesR_
Good luck to you too :smile:

I was just trying to work out where I recognised your usr name from the I realised its from instagram :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously?! Wow, small world! :wink:

Reply 5
any one else applied for NUCA?
Reply 6
Original post by JamesR_
any one else applied for NUCA?

I have! And I'm so scared! Hahaha.. I have my portfolio interviews for both Fine Art and Illustration in just over a month and I'm dreading it! I haven't done a foundation year, so I'll be fresh out of sixth form and attempting to compete with everyone else! :s-smilie:
I'm really into ballpoint art, so the majority of my portfolio is made up of those, but its not really a developed medium, so I'm a bit worried I'll just be laughed at! Oh well!
Reply 7
Original post by edgey0302
I have! And I'm so scared! Hahaha.. I have my portfolio interviews for both Fine Art and Illustration in just over a month and I'm dreading it! I haven't done a foundation year, so I'll be fresh out of sixth form and attempting to compete with everyone else! :s-smilie:
I'm really into ballpoint art, so the majority of my portfolio is made up of those, but its not really a developed medium, so I'm a bit worried I'll just be laughed at! Oh well!

I'm sure you will be fine (saying that im nervous for my interview at nuca next month) , ive not done a foundation year but i suspect most people wont of, you wont be laughed at, just justify why you have done that, try to include some from other mediums still to show variation and willingness to learn though :smile:

where else have you applied to?
Reply 8
Original post by JamesR_
I'm sure you will be fine (saying that im nervous for my interview at nuca next month) , ive not done a foundation year but i suspect most people wont of, you wont be laughed at, just justify why you have done that, try to include some from other mediums still to show variation and willingness to learn though :smile:

where else have you applied to?

Yeah, that sounds like good advice to me! I was planning on putting in other pieces, too!
I've applied to Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge) and then a deferred entry to Goldsmiths. But I want to go to Norwich the most, so.. Fingers crossed! (:
How about you? Where would you like to go? (:
Reply 9
Yeah, that sounds like good advice to me! I was planning on putting in other pieces, too!
I've applied to Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge) and then a deferred entry to Goldsmiths. But I want to go to Norwich the most, so.. Fingers crossed! (:
How about you? Where would you like to go? (:

hertfordshire and nottingham trent, id really like to go to norwich (might see you there if we both get in) :smile:
Reply 10
I have already received my conditional letter for Games Art and Design in Norwich, but I'm still waiting for other letters. :smile:
Reply 11
Oh, wow! Congratulations! Did you have to submit an online portfolio or anything like that? (:
Reply 12
I sent my portfolio in a pdf file but I think is preferable to send an online one, cause you always can update it whenever you want.
What is your opinion about Nuca? I made a research but the information varies a lot, that made me bit neutral now.
Reply 13
Ohh, that sounds good. Yeah, obviously fine art courses often require a physical portfolio, so that a bit different for me.. I suppose that's why the offers are delayed until after the interview.

I really like it. I don't live too far away, so appealled to me because I could stay at home if finance became a problem. But I also really love Norwich as a city anyway, so that was good! It's so beautiful, and just a creative environment in general! As for the Uni, I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I know of a few people who went there themselves, so that kind of influenced my choice a bit. I've heard from some people that attended the Fine Art exhibition that they weren't that impressed, but I think that depends more on opinion and subject matter, so.. Yeah! Hahaha.. I just really loved it and walked away from the open day knowing that it was somewhere I'd personally enjoy being! (:
Have you attended any of the open days?
Reply 14
Original post by JamesR_
hertfordshire and nottingham trent, id really like to go to norwich (might see you there if we both get in) :smile:

Ahh, I was considering Nottingham Trent! (But I'm a loser and didn't want to be that far away from home! Haha..) And my Fine Art interview is an hour before your Photography one, I think, so I might even pass you then!! (:
Reply 15
Sadly I didn't cause I'm not living in the UK yet, so I have to get my impressions of the universities through the internet. :smile:
But yes Norwich looks like a perfect place to live, but I'm still concerned about the course, it looks a bit raw. But maybe I just stayed with the wrong idea.
Reply 16
Original post by Kinhe
Sadly I didn't cause I'm not living in the UK yet, so I have to get my impressions of the universities through the internet. :smile:
But yes Norwich looks like a perfect place to live, but I'm still concerned about the course, it looks a bit raw. But maybe I just stayed with the wrong idea.

i went to one of the open days at norwich and instantly fell in love with the area and the university and the people who i met where all very nice, i mean i was obviously lost and just trying to work a map out and someone came up to me to see if they could help, then another person came to see if he could help too (I've never had this before any where so was nice) :smile:

Original post by Kinhe
I have already received my conditional letter for Games Art and Design in Norwich, but I'm still waiting for other letters. :smile:

congratulations :smile:

Ahh, I was considering Nottingham Trent! (But I'm a loser and didn't want to be that far away from home! Haha..) And my Fine Art interview is an hour before your Photography one, I think, so I might even pass you then!! (:

haha yea maybe see you there, good luck with your interview :smile: I'm just trying to sort my portfolio, I've got all my images sorted but its the written piece im not sure about :/
Reply 17

I'm not that keen on nottingham trent, im not that sure on the course or the accommodation so it really just an insurance choice (and its a bit close too home for me)

are you close to norwich then?

i live 160 miles away from norwich :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by JamesR_
I'm not that keen on nottingham trent, im not that sure on the course or the accommodation so it really just an insurance choice (and its a bit close too home for me)

are you close to norwich then?

i live 160 miles away from norwich :biggrin:

Nah, I've been to Nottingham before and didn't particularly like the area in general, but I'd seen that they had a theatre design course, which is something I'm interested in. But then I thought against it all because I didn't want to be that specific incase I decide that I want to do something different!

Yeah, fairly close.. I live between Cambridge and Norwich, so it doesn't take long! Wow, that's a treck for your interview, then! :O
Oh, and good luck for your interview, too! I'm also trying to pprep my portfolio, but I have no idea which written piece to use. I did an Art History project over the summer which could be a good option, but then I also did an extended project which was more Photography and History based, which would then show off my interests a bit more.. I don't knoooooow! Hahaha.. This is all so difficult!
Reply 19
Hey I'm going to NUCA! Got my conditional (need to pass IELTS) a week ago. Sooo happy!!
My course is BA graphic design btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending