The Student Room Group

KCL postgraduate applications 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Just submitted my application for International Management
Reply 81
Hi everyone,

I applied for an institute of psychiatry studentship at the start of this month, but have not heard anything back from them yet? Has anyone heard from them regarding shortlisting for interviews? Im worried that I havent had any luck as the interviews were scheduled for next week :s
Reply 82
Original post by diaby_legend
Just submitted my application for International Management

hi im diego
i got an offer for the accounting and finance ms program. this program and international mgmt belong to social science school
good luck on your application.
I've applied for War Studies :smile: Not sure I will be able to afford it, but we shall see...
Reply 84
Got an email telling me to check my status but I cannot open myapplication!!! It says ''the service is unavailable.'' Anyone having the same problem? Is it just something with the system?
Reply 85
yes me too. i cant open the application.

before christmas i made another application for a different program. I asked them to transfer the references from my previous application and i posted a pdf instead of the references that wrote that i would like if possible to use the references from my previous application. The registry told me that it isnt possible. So i forgot this application and didnt ask my referees to provide another reference. Yesterday i received a second offer but i was really surprised because i had totally forgot this app
Reply 86
I withdrew my application earlier in the week after getting notification that I would not be placed with my preferred adviser. I know that sounds snide but I have offers at equally competitive schools and since I am an international student most likely paying my own way for the full three years I feel I can be more selective as to where I study and with whom. My experience, as outlined in an earlier post here, was not as great as some other programs as far as the admissions process is concerned.

Good luck to those still waiting on KCL. It is a great school (obviously) and I am sure those that get in will be overjoyed.
Reply 87
I'm applying for the MPhil/PhD in English. Send in my application 13 days ago, references sent in two days ago, got the notification email this evening--unconditional offer!

I was pleasantly surprised to hear so quickly. Such a relief... now just gotta wait months and months to hear about funding.
Sent my application in three weeks ago, just got my references in (!), hopefully I'll hear back quickly. :smile:
Just received an unconditional offer for MA War Studies :awesome:

Application submitted 2 weeks ago.
Original post by Magnum Opus
Is anyone applying for MA Digital Culture and Society?

Hi, I just sent in my application (I'm a bit late...). Now starts the waiting game...Have you already applied?
Original post by PinkMacaron
Hi, I just sent in my application (I'm a bit late...). Now starts the waiting game...Have you already applied?

See a couple of posts above. :smile:

I don't think it's that late to apply, some people have heard back in a matter of days so as long as your references are in it shouldn't be too long to wait hopefully!

I just hope they don't ask to interview, I've a busy month ahead. :frown:
Original post by Magnum Opus
See a couple of posts above. :smile:

I don't think it's that late to apply, some people have heard back in a matter of days so as long as your references are in it shouldn't be too long to wait hopefully!

I just hope they don't ask to interview, I've a busy month ahead. :frown:

Woops, I should have paid more attention! My references will hopefully be in in the next few days. KCL seems so be really fast with the answers, so I'm curious when we will hear from them. Will keep you posted :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PinkMacaron
Woops, I should have paid more attention! My references will hopefully be in in the next few days. KCL seems so be really fast with the answers, so I'm curious when we will hear from them. Will keep you posted :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too :biggrin:

Good luck!
Reply 94
Just for the record... I remember how anxious i was so i will give you some information about their response time..

The first application:
MSc International Political Economy
Application sent on 29/10. The second referee uploaded his reference on 13/11 and finally decision on 11/12.

The second application:
MSc Political Economy of emerging markets
Application sent on 3/1. I uploaded a pdf in order to ask to use the previous references and
Finally decision on 29/1

So in general they respect the 4 weeks timeframe.. The email comes hours after the decision (21:00-22:00 in my case) so check regularly the myapplication

Good luck :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by mashtine
How do you know you haven't met your offer by this much? Was it stated in the email you received? Are you going for PhD of Masters?

Sorry for my late response! I'm going for a masters degree in Intelligence and International Security. I am from a Dutch university and for Dutch students they require a 7.5 on average. Right now, I am a 7.4 and I don't think I'll be able to get a 7.5. So I was wondering if anybody knows what will happen if I graduate with a 7.4, since it's only on tenth of a difference...
Out of curiosity (and to save me somehow checking), are you obliged to attach your official transcript and definitive proof of capacity to fund the degree to your application? In terms of the official transcript, it says on myapplication that, if the degree is ongoing, then marks achieved so far can be manually entered in a text-box below; which is what I have done - is that okay? I would appreciate any help here!

Oh, and - for those interested - I'm applying to the War Studies department :smile: hope my chances are OK
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by wilson_smith
Out of curiosity (and to save me somehow checking), are you obliged to attach your official transcript and definitive proof of capacity to fund the degree to your application? In terms of the official transcript, it says on myapplication that, if the degree is ongoing, then marks achieved so far can be manually entered in a text-box below; which is what I have done - is that okay? I would appreciate any help here!

Oh, and - for those interested - I'm applying to the War Studies department :smile: hope my chances are OK

Not sure what about the protocol at your university but does your school not have advising or ongoing transcripts? For example, I'm in the final semester of my undergraduate degree and my school offers 'advising transcripts' that come in PDF form that have your marks up to date. It saves you from having to manually enter them.

Also, did we have to prove the proof of capacity to fund in the application? I know it's necessary in order to study and enter the MA program but on my application it just told me to check off the resources in which you'll be studying. I'm assuming the proof can come later (i.e. after you've been admitted). There is an option to include supporting documents in the funding section of myapplication but it said that it's usually for those who are applying for funding/grants/scholarships that need proof of that.

Hope that helps!
Reply 98
Original post by 01Jessop
Sorry for my late response! I'm going for a masters degree in Intelligence and International Security. I am from a Dutch university and for Dutch students they require a 7.5 on average. Right now, I am a 7.4 and I don't think I'll be able to get a 7.5. So I was wondering if anybody knows what will happen if I graduate with a 7.4, since it's only on tenth of a difference...

Perhaps ring Kings and ask their policy? Hope its good news for you :smile:
Reply 99
U.S. student here, got an offer for MA International Relations last week :biggrin:

But, like many here, I received my offer significantly earlier than I expected to and my deadline is 3/20, which will probably be right around the same time I receive all my other offers. The US schools release their decisions in Mid-March... who knows about LSE since I'm wait-listed for my first choice and being considered for my 2nd choice... so the 8 week window may very well be prohibitive for making a decision on them, or it might arrive a few days before the KCL decision is due. Glad to have the KCL offer in hand, but worried that I won't be able to receive and seriously consider other offers because of the deadline. Ahhh... Good luck to everyone here though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending