The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed by monday

Hi all, I and a few friends of mine need your help. we want to check through our orals for the module 4 and I would like to see your answers to the questions so we can check it through and make any extra additions.
P.S we are 15, live in London, like cricket and going swimming and we all work at a local shop ....in case you need help to write the answers

1.Que fait tes parents dans la vie?—pls just tell me what this question means.
2.Fais-moi une description de quelqu’un dans ta famille?-- pls just tell me what this question means
3.Qu’est-ce que tu fais avec tes amis normalment le week-end?—pls help me here, I want to say ‘at the week end I usually play cricket and go to the leisure centre’…
4.Qu’est-ce que tu fais avec tes amis le week-end dernier?—please help me to translate this answer I have written in English…...Last week end I went to play tennis with my friends and it was very good but then it started raining and the day was cut short.
5.Comment est ton/ta meillur copain/copine? Please tell me what it is asking here

For the next lot of questions could you write a response as mine are very simple and they don’t have enough good language in them to get the marks I need… Could you also tell me what the question is asking me here and what you have written..

6.Qu’est-ce que c’est un(e) meillur(e) copain/copine? Could you write a response to this as mine is very simple and it does not have enough good language.
7.Tu t’entends bien avec la famille? Pourquoi? Pourquoi pas?
8.Où es-tu allé en vacances avec ta famille l’année dernière? Qu’est-ce que tu as fait? C’était bien? Pourquoi? Pourquoi pas?
9.Tue préfères aller en vacances avec ta famille ou tes amis? Pourquoi?
10.Qu’est ce que tu feras pour les vacances cet été?
11.Décris tes vacances idéales.

For the next lot of questions could you write a response as mine are very simple and they don’t have enough good language in them to get the marks I need… Could you also tell me what the question is asking me here and what you have written..

1.Tu as un petit employ?
2.qu’est ce que tu fais avec l’argent que tu gagnes?
3.Où as-tu fait ton stage? Qu’est-ce que tu as fait?
4.Qu’est-ce que tu vas faire l’année prochaine?
5.Quelle sorte d’emploi veux-tu dans l’avenir
6.Où veux-tu habiter à l’avenir?

7.Tu veux aller à l’université?
8.Quel métier est-ce que tu voudrais faire plus tard dans la vie?
9.Tu vas travailler à l’étranger? Pourquoi? Pourquoi pas?
10.Parle-moi un peu de ton stage.
11.Tu veux te marier? Quand? Et les enfants?

12.Quelle serait la carrière idéale pour toi? Pourquoi?
13.Tu voudrais voyager plus tard dans la vie? et pourquoi?
14.Qu’est-ce que tu aimerais faire après avoir quitté le college?
15.Est-ce que tu veux te marier plus tard? Pourquoi? Pourquoi pas?
16.Quels sont tes projets pour les grandes vacances?
17.Qu’est-ce que tu achèterais sit u avais beaucoup d’argent?

we will be incredibly glad and happy if you could help us, we know it may take some of your time but you will be doing us a great favour. Thank you in advance. Please could you help, just pointers is all im asking for...
Reply 1
If I've understood your request correctly, you are asking people to tell you what to say in your French oral exam (I presume that the questions which you've listed are the possible questions which you may be asked).

To be perfectly honest, I think that what you are asking for amounts to cheating. It's your oral exam and you're just going to have to do the best you can. The whole point is to assess your abilities, not those of other people. Quite frankly, if you don't even understand what some of the questions mean, it would be rather unfair if you passed as a result of other people telling you what to say. Besides, are you seriously going to learn it word-by-word and simply regurgitate it in the exam? And how can people tell you the answers to questions like "Quelle serait la carrière idéale pour toi? Pourquoi?" when they're meant to be your answers?

If you had actually posted what you'd written and asked for people to give you some general suggestions and feedback, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Asking for people to write out the answers (how on earth will that help you check yours? how do we even know you have some to start with?) is another thing altogether.

Sorry to be harsh but I'm quite sensitive to this sort of thing.

Just a small request to other posters - please think about this before you post your replies. I know it's tempting to help but I think we do need to draw the line... :smile:
Manatee
If I've understood your request correctly, you are asking people to tell you what to say in your French oral exam (I presume that the questions which you've listed are the possible questions which you may be asked).

To be perfectly honest, I think that what you are asking for amounts to cheating. It's your oral exam and you're just going to have to do the best you can. The whole point is to assess your abilities, not those of other people. Quite frankly, if you don't even understand what some of the questions mean, it would be rather unfair if you passed as a result of other people telling you what to say. Besides, are you seriously going to learn it word-by-word and simply regurgitate it in the exam? And how can people tell you the answers to questions like "Quelle serait la carrière idéale pour toi? Pourquoi?" when they're meant to be your answers?

If you had actually posted what you'd written and asked for people to give you some general suggestions and feedback, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Asking for people to write out the answers (how on earth will that help you check yours? how do we even know you have some to start with?) is another thing altogether.

Sorry to be harsh but I'm quite sensitive to this sort of thing.

Just a small request to other posters - please think about this before you post your replies. I know it's tempting to help but I think we do need to draw the line... :smile:

:ditto: What she said is right, you're not asking how you can improve or for tips etc. (which most posts do) you are actually asking people to do your work for you which is not on.
Reply 3
Did anyone else get this post as a PM too?
Reply 4
Just had a quick look at Latkan's previous posts - something fishy is going on. Here he is claiming to be 15 and he asks for help with his GCSEs in other posts; elsewhere he says that he's applying to university and says he's taking his A2s...

It doesn't inspire much confidence!
Reply 5
Geez for the amount of time it took you to type that lot out you could have written half the answers!
Reply 6
ok ppl i will send you my work could you correc tit for me at least pls...which is wat i really want anyway
Reply 7
Manatee
Just had a quick look at Latkan's previous posts - something fishy is going on. Here he is claiming to be 15 and he asks for help with his GCSEs in other posts; elsewhere he says that he's applying to university and says he's taking his A2s...

It doesn't inspire much confidence!

my bro also uses this acc easier to do with only 1 acc. my bro does a2 i do GCSE....not so fishy now is it....:smile:
Reply 8
I find it very strange that anyone at GCSE level could not understand a question quite so basic as "fais-moi une description de quelqu'un dans ta famille", when half the words look like their English equivalents anyway.

There's definitely something strange going on here; I just can't work out what it could be. Anyway, anyone who actually cared about the GCSE/deserved to pass it would have done some work for it by now, rather than trying to get it done for them the day before.
Reply 9
eleri
I find it very strange that anyone at GCSE level could not understand a question quite so basic as "fais-moi une description de quelqu'un dans ta famille", when half the words look like their English equivalents anyway.

Yeah, seriously, I could understand half of the questions and I haven't even done French to GCSE.
Reply 10
well actually i am in the lower grp in my french class but i do find it offensive that you are making fun about my inability in french.... we aren't all brainiacs ..... and before you ask i didnt want to pick french but it was too late to change it after the mix up... i just want to pass with a c at least....
Reply 11
Tips:

1. Use a dictionary to translate the questions into English.
2. Answer them in Enlglish.
3. Use a dictionary to translate these answers into French.
4. Don't ask us to practically do you and your 5 friends oral exam for them. Maybe you should have put "pointers is all I'm asking for" at the start of your post to clear things up a bit.

You said: 4.Qu’est-ce que tu fais avec tes amis le week-end dernier?—please help me to translate this answer I have written in English…...Last week end I went to play tennis with my friends and it was very good but then it started raining and the day was cut short.

Our survey said: This is a hard sentence to translate into French, try saying translating this instead:

Last weekend I played tennis with my friends and it was good, but after an hour it rained and we went home.

Btw nobody expects you to be a braniac in French, but its not hard to look the words up in a dictionary is it? If you dont have one go to the library/ use your schools.
Latkan
well actually i am in the lower grp in my french class but i do find it offensive that you are making fun about my inability in french.... we aren't all brainiacs ..... and before you ask i didnt want to pick french but it was too late to change it after the mix up... i just want to pass with a c at least....
People on here would never make fun of your academic abilities. We're here to help. You're just being lazy though.
Reply 13
Latkan

That's a poor excuse. You don't need natural linguistic ability or the IQ of a genius to understand a foreign language - it certainly helps :smile: but you can make up for it with hard work. Just to show you that I speak from some personal experience: I've always found French very easy, but I've just done two terms of Ancient Egyptian and that's a completely different kettle of fish for me. It doesn't come naturally at all, it's a real struggle at times and translating a tricky phrase occasionally feels like pulling teeth. But it's completely doable as long as you're prepared to put in the work; it just takes time. Getting other people to give you the answers is only a short-term solution and doesn't actually teach you anything.

There really is no easy way - knuckle down, do some work and it will all become much easier. Good luck.
Reply 14
it doesn't even need to be true, just make up some random things. I did that in my german. I wanted to say something, couldn't remember the word, so I used another. It was perfectly plausible, so the examiner will not (hopefully) have noticed! You can say you play football if you want, nobody will check. They just want to check your french.
Reply 15
Dunno if this is too late, but if you need an online dictionary:

http://www.wordreference.com

is quite good. Good Luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending