The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 1
Yep the leisure center has loads of stuff on, and there's a gym too. Plus the uni has loads of sports clubs you can join too.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
there's a karate club, they say they keep you fit - but they have an aggressive recruitment policy so beware!!! :P
Reply 3
Are the sport teams difficult to get into at Keele? for example Football?
Reply 4
Lillybut
does the uni have anything like yoga, pilates, aerobic, cycling classes??? Any info u could give would be fab:p: :biggrin: :smile:
(ps im still excited bout coming- omg i gona pee my pants hehe!!)

You call that sporty!? Join the rugby team, do a proper sport, work up a sweat. Now drop to the floor and give me 10! :biggrin: j/k!

Umm, this is all the permanent sports: http://www.kusu.net/DisplayPage.asp?pageid=4033

Then there are people that come in time to time and do other things! I think you maybe pushing it if you want Yoga and Pilates tho...

Graham
Reply 5
id like to be able to use the gym 4 times a week, go to the dance classes and also do some swimming. if i do that then i wont get fat at uni. i have a tendency to get fat when i am overworked. amazin. :P
Reply 6
i can only do 'girlyish' sports (:p: lol) cus hurt my knee and spine in an accident and im petrified of doin real sports like hockey and netball again:redface: I know- i is the biggest wimp on the planet :frown: I really wanna use the gym tho n get out all my frustration- grrrrr hehe xxx
Lillybut
does the uni have anything like yoga, pilates, aerobic, cycling classes??? Any info u could give would be fab:p: :biggrin: :smile:
(ps im still excited bout coming- omg i gona pee my pants hehe!!)

they have pilates, hatha yoga, aerobic and group cycling classes... all your needs catered for! they do special deals too if you pay on your keele card (if i remember rightly...)
Zlatan
Are the sport teams difficult to get into at Keele? for example Football?

we have quite a few football teams so I guess it depends on how good you are! :wink:
Reply 9
I play sunday league football.

I didnt really explain my question well, what i wanted to know was if they were difficult to join, like with paperwork, insurance..
Reply 10
Lillybut
i can only do 'girlyish' sports (:p: lol) cus hurt my knee and spine in an accident and im petrified of doin real sports like hockey and netball again:redface: I know- i is the biggest wimp on the planet :frown: I really wanna use the gym tho n get out all my frustration- grrrrr hehe xxx

Don't worry, i know how you feel, i think! I busted my knee playing rugby so i can't play Rubgy again, nor football, running, any kind of jarring motion really! So i do Sailing, Skiing (altho shouldn't!) and swimming mostly, the three 'S's! Do brisk walking as well when i can and my knee is behaving!

Its so gay having a dodgy knee, know how you feel!

Graham
Reply 11
as long as we have the time and the mood to do sports... am in a battle to regain fitness. i dont want to be the slightly over-wheight gay guy at uni. i want to be the almost-perfect body-no one knows about him, he might be bi- at uni:P
Reply 12
mrteacher
as long as we have the time and the mood to do sports... am in a battle to regain fitness. i dont want to be the slightly over-wheight gay guy at uni. i want to be the almost-perfect body-no one knows about him, he might be bi- at uni:P

Ok I shall remember that :p:
Reply 13
mrteacher

bless u :hugs:
Reply 14
Zlatan
I play sunday league football.

I didnt really explain my question well, what i wanted to know was if they were difficult to join, like with paperwork, insurance..

Basically if you're interested in one of the sports teams go to the AU Freshers Fair on the Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of Freshers week. All the teams have a tabke there were you can see what they get up to, meet current players and sign up.

To actually join a team you have to pay approx £12 to join the AU and then whatever the club you join costs (usually about £20). All the teams differ with regards to when you pay. Some say you have to pay to join straight away whilst others allow you 1/2 sessions to see whether you really do want to join the club because lots of people want to try out a few sports and see whats best for them.

The basic rule is that you can't play for the uni unless you are an AU member and a paid up member of the club.

Latest