The Student Room Group

UCA Farnham 2013 Applicants?

Hey :smile:

I'm applying for digital film and screen arts, but I don't know anyone else applying! I'm over seas as well :frown: I got an interview the other day though!

What are you guys applying for? :smile: Have any of you got interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there :smile:
I'm applying to my foundation course at UCA Farnham, but I haven't set my application off just yet! I'm a little bit nervous to do it actually, because my portfolio isn't fully prepared, so I don't want to get given my interview date and then find out that I haven't got enough time to put everything together. Is your interview soon?

Farnham is a lovely town though! Have you had a chance to visit it? :smile:
Reply 2
I haven't fully prepared my portfolio yet either, and I honestly don't know whether it's very good or not! My interview is in January though so I have awhile I guess...

No I haven't yet but I've heard it's lovely! Ive seen photos and stuff but I'm going to see it properly first time on the applicant day so hopefully it'll live up to my expectations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh that's a bit of time, I might send my application off soon then and hope that my interview is also after Christmas! I'm sure your portfolio is much better than you think, we are usually our own worst critic :smile:

It really is a very beautiful town! A lot of people on the open day were saying that the accommodation is small, but it is big enough for me and seems very clean and quaint. :smile:
Reply 4
I'm sure it will be :smile: mine was originally on the 9th but got moved to the 16th because I have an exam, so yours will probably be around then too!

I'm hoping that's it! Haha I'm very judgemental of my stuff sometimes, or so I've been told...

Aw I really wanted to go to the open day! I haven't seen the accommodation yet, but as long as it's clean and has a bed I'm sure it'll be grand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I applied for film production and have my interview on the 16th january, I haven't been there before, is the university nice?
Reply 6
Original post by lufc_lewis
I applied for film production and have my interview on the 16th january, I haven't been there before, is the university nice?

Maybe see you at the interview then :wink: good luck! Dunno, haven't been myself as I live waaay too far away, but everyone I've spoken to says it's a lovely area so I have high hopes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Lafox
Maybe see you at the interview then :wink: good luck! Dunno, haven't been myself as I live waaay too far away, but everyone I've spoken to says it's a lovely area so I have high hopes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile: thanks and good luck to you too! Where do you live because I live quite far away too haha.
Reply 8
Original post by lufc_lewis
Yes :smile: thanks and good luck to you too! Where do you live because I live quite far away too haha.

Thank you :smile: Northern Ireland haha so quite far! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lafox
Thank you :smile: Northern Ireland haha so quite far! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, that is quite far haha, a lot further than me! I live in Leeds so about 4-5 hours away I think.
Juust sent off UCAS for animation here now I actually need to sort of some kind of portfolio or whatever
Reply 11
Does anyone know if we get told at our interviews if we've been given a place or rejected? :smile:
Original post by Lafox
Does anyone know if we get told at our interviews if we've been given a place or rejected? :smile:

Hello, I'm Karen from UCA - firstly, thank you for applying!

I hope you don't mind me responding to your post, just wanted to give you a heads up on when you would be likely to hear. It is possible that you may be given an indication on the day regarding an offer, but the usual practice is to confirm offers very shortly after interview. Dont worry, we won't leave you waiting...

I hope this helps, in the meantime though if you have any questions or queries just call us - we're here to help.

Safe trip over and enjoy the day! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by University for the Creative Arts
Hello, I'm Karen from UCA - firstly, thank you for applying!

I hope you don't mind me responding to your post, just wanted to give you a heads up on when you would be likely to hear. It is possible that you may be given an indication on the day regarding an offer, but the usual practice is to confirm offers very shortly after interview. Dont worry, we won't leave you waiting...

I hope this helps, in the meantime though if you have any questions or queries just call us - we're here to help.

Safe trip over and enjoy the day! :smile:

Thank you v. much! Excited for it, but nervous haha
Reply 14
i got an unconditional offer from uca farnham, but i put it as my insurance
still, i chose digital film and screen arts :smile:

Quick Reply