The Student Room Group

UCA 2013 Applicants

Hey :smile:

I'm applying for digital film and screen arts at Farnham, but I don't know anyone else applying! I'm over seas as well :frown: I got an interview the other day though!

What are you guys applying for? :smile: Have any of you got interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile:

I've applied for Fashion Marketing and Management at Epsom campus.
I have an interview on January 23rd - ahhhhhhh!
Reply 2
Woo! Mines the 16th! STRESS haha good luck for your interview :smile: I'm kinda nervous about mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you and good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do brilliant :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lafox
Hey :smile:

I'm applying for digital film and screen arts at Farnham, but I don't know anyone else applying! I'm over seas as well :frown: I got an interview the other day though!

What are you guys applying for? :smile: Have any of you got interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!
I have also applied to Farnham but i'm doing photography! :') haven't got an interview yet, but fingers crossed!
Goodluck with yours :')

Reply 5
Original post by katiemcatackney
Hey!
I have also applied to Farnham but i'm doing photography! :') haven't got an interview yet, but fingers crossed!
Goodluck with yours :')

Yay! I don't know anyone else applying to Farnham! Haha :smile: I was looking at photography too but figured I'd be crap...thank you! I've got my fingers also crossed for ya :smile: I'm sure you'll do great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lafox
Yay! I don't know anyone else applying to Farnham! Haha :smile: I was looking at photography too but figured I'd be crap...thank you! I've got my fingers also crossed for ya :smile: I'm sure you'll do great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw! I'm sure you won't!!! :')
Is Farnham your first choice?
And thankyou so much! :')

Reply 7
Aw! I'm sure you won't!!! :')
Is Farnham your first choice?
And thankyou so much! :')

It is for film! I'm gonna wait to see if I still like it during the applicant day and if I get an offer though :smile: what about you? Is it yours? And no problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lafox
It is for film! I'm gonna wait to see if I still like it during the applicant day and if I get an offer though :smile: what about you? Is it yours? And no problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool!
Err, no it's probably my last. I want to aim high! :biggrin: where else have you looked at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ah cool!
Err, no it's probably my last. I want to aim high! :biggrin: where else have you looked at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha aim high! Well It's the only one for film I have! I have three unis for maths - queens, Glasgow and heriot watt, and then one for interaction and animation at the uni local to me :smile: what about you? Have you applied for photography everywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lafox
Haha aim high! Well It's the only one for film I have! I have three unis for maths - queens, Glasgow and heriot watt, and then one for interaction and animation at the uni local to me :smile: what about you? Have you applied for photography everywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool! Good luck to you, i'm sure you will get plenty of offers!
I have applied to Staffordshire, University of arts london, Leeds college of art, Norwich uni and of course Farnham! :')

Reply 11
That's cool! Good luck to you, i'm sure you will get plenty of offers!
I have applied to Staffordshire, University of arts london, Leeds college of art, Norwich uni and of course Farnham! :')

Awesome! Uni of arts London looked like it had awesome accommodation :smile: thank you! And good luck to you as well :smile: hope you get all offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lafox
Awesome! Uni of arts London looked like it had awesome accommodation :smile: thank you! And good luck to you as well :smile: hope you get all offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah it did! Very expensive and quite far away from the unis but hey! :smile: thankyou x

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have got an interview on 16th Jan?! For Photography? I'm absolutely pooping myself.. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Congratz :smile: Mines the 16th but it's for digital film and screen arts...SAME! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lafox
Congratz :smile: Mines the 16th but it's for digital film and screen arts...SAME! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw! We might see each other! If we do, i shall say hi! :') good luck dear! :smile:

Reply 16
Aw! We might see each other! If we do, i shall say hi! :') good luck dear! :smile:

Yay :smile: you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello to everyone on the thread !! My name is Eliel and I am UCA representative and also a current student there. I have been doing photography for 2 years now.

I just wanted to say good luck to all of you with your interviews and I do hope you get a place and decide to make a move and be part of the UCA family.

If any of you have questions about your course, life at UCA or anything else you can think of don't hesitate to ask. I can't promise I'll know to answer everything but I will give it my best !!

Well, again good luck !!

Keep in touch.

E.
Reply 18
Original post by University for the Creative Arts
Hello to everyone on the thread !! My name is Eliel and I am UCA representative and also a current student there. I have been doing photography for 2 years now.

I just wanted to say good luck to all of you with your interviews and I do hope you get a place and decide to make a move and be part of the UCA family.

If any of you have questions about your course, life at UCA or anything else you can think of don't hesitate to ask. I can't promise I'll know to answer everything but I will give it my best !!

Well, again good luck !!

Keep in touch.

E.

Hey there :smile:

I'd like to ask a few questions! Do you have any tips for the interview? And also how do you find the general atmosphere and people there?

Thank youuu!
Original post by Lafox
Hey there :smile:

I'd like to ask a few questions! Do you have any tips for the interview? And also how do you find the general atmosphere and people there?

Thank youuu!

Hello! Yeah, no problem. I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge :smile:

Rewarding the interview I don't have much idea with the uni ones because I was offered a place without having to go to interview, so I didn't experience the interview process first hand. On the other hand I have been trough tons of other interview processes for jobs and commissions and I believe that there a few points that can be applied to any context:

1. Be confident. Know your abilities and skills, as well as your work (specially if you are going to be showing your portfolio - They will want to know the concepts and ideas in your work and how you got on creating it).
2. Research about the institution / course and make sure you know about it so you know the kind of things they are expecting from you as a possible student.
3. ON the other hand, don't get too worried about it and be natural in your interview. The tutors will try sometimes and push you a bit to see how you respond to them. Respond to this with confidence and being as normal as possible.

About the atmosphere and the people it is great. It is so diverse !! Our university has around 7000 students from 70 different countries !! So there are lots of non-UK students (like me) and I think this is awesome. Everyone gets together really well and there is a great vibe for the creative arts. If you come to UCA Farnham (where I am), there is always installations, drawings and performances going around campus all the time. It is great to be mixed from people from so many different backgrounds and artistic disciplines. Farnham is a really tiny (honestly, really tiny) town in Surrey but it is absolutely beautiful and close to London (around 50min train). The fact that we are in such a tiny community makes us so tied in to everything, and you get to know the people from the area. This is one of my favorite things about being here. When I chose Farnham (instead of another offer that I got in London) I thought I was making a mistake but had to do it because the course was better. Now I am in love with Surrey and I honestly think it is the perfect environment to study as you are focused and not distracted with all that's going in on in the big city. When I finish y degree I will be probably moving to London anyway.

Well, hope that answers your questions. If you want to know anything else let me know.

Eliel.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest