The Student Room Group

Student Finance. For the Second Year

Just a quick question. When i redo my Student Finance for the 2nd Year, will i get the same as the first year. I am worried my parents may now be earning much more than last so i may not get as much as i did, i didn't get a lot first year and now this year will be even less.

My question is will i get less money if now my parents finances have increased since the first year?

Thanks.
Reply 1
The funding for maintenance loan will dependent on the length of your second year, type of course you're one and also living arrangements. If nothing has changed, the the maintenance loan will not change by very much.

With regards to maintenance grant, this is of course based on household income.
Reply 2
It all depends on what your your parents earned between April 2011 and April 2012. This will apply to year 2 entrants for September 2013.

If they earned more than in the year April 2010 - April 2011 for this years student finance, then this will change what you will get next year.

You can use the student finance calculator to see what you will get for September 2013, but remember to use your parents annual income from the tax year April 2011 - April 2012.

Hope this helps,

Daryl
Reply 3
Remember, if you're not entitle to a maintenance grant or the amount is very little, you'll get more maintenance loan. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending