The Student Room Group

chances of getting an imperial college interview

ok basically my situation is weirdly complicated. when i started college i chose to study chemistry, biology, maths, and english literature. so after finishing my AS year i had a change of mind on what i wanted to do at university and decided i want to do aeronautics. so i dropped english literature and picked up physics AS-level in my second year, alongside A2 chemistry, biology and maths. i planned on taking out a gap year to finish the A-level in physics by self-studying. so now i've finished my A-levels, and got an A in chemistry, B in biology, and a B in maths, and an A in my physics AS. ok those grades are pathetic to get into imperial i know, but my potential to do well is really high, particularly in maths, i was just an extremely lazy git at college (i'm trying not to sound arrogant but i've never got less than the best grade possible in maths, this is the first time). i'm now in my gap year self-studying physics and further maths full a-level in one year. i'm also retaking a couple of exams from my maths a-level. so far everything is going much much better than what i was like at college. i've even put this across in my personal statement that i've learnt from my mistakes and am motivated to do my best. as i'm self-studying, i haven't got any predicted grades. so what would be my chances of just getting an interview?
in my GCSEs i got 4A*s, 4As and 3Bs if that helps (the A*s being in maths, biology, chemistry and physics).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending