The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Considering that it's free, legal, without calories or drugs, convenient, non-intrusive, quiet, instantly calming, allows for deeper sleep and better concentration....why would you ever want to stop?
Lmao former thumbsucker hereeeee :yy:!!

I made myself stop at 7 when my mum told me terrible things like I will have a buckteeth and that I will talk and look like Bugs Bunny. That didn't encourage me because I tone out meanness. I also had family who threatened to cut it off especially the older ones anddd they said like they're gonna put hot sauce on it so I won't suck it and they did it and I still sucked it :closedeyes: They also said they're gonna leave it in ice until it falls off. I meann seriously not that big of a deal folks :rolleyes: I made myself stop when I saw ppl who did it and thought it was gross and I got put off it really.
Suck something/someone else? :perv::lol:
Reply 23
Original post by sunflower404
Ive been sucking my thumb since a toddler when my mum removed my dummy. My tongue even ripples like a baby when sucking!

I only do it when I'm relaxed and not in public

ie watchin TV and going to sleep.
I haven't got goofy teeth thankgod, they must be strong
but I'm worried if that if I keep on doing it..years to come when I'm In my mid twenties there going to start and goof a bit.

Its late and I'm sat in bed deciding if I should put socks on my hands...
but the craving for my thumb is what I imagine the craving for a cigarette is like. Very stong!

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

A girl I know wanted to stop biting her nails, so she bought this stuff - sort of like a watery nail varnish, and you paint it on them. It tastes SO gross you don't want to put them in your mouth. She let me dip my finger in the pot then lick it and I can remember exactly what it tastes like and that was 12 years ago or something. So maybe just buy some of that and put it on your thumbs when you get home?

Spoiler

Reply 24
Original post by sunflower404
Ive been sucking my thumb since a toddler when my mum removed my dummy. My tongue even ripples like a baby when sucking!

I only do it when I'm relaxed and not in public

ie watchin TV and going to sleep.
I haven't got goofy teeth thankgod, they must be strong
but I'm worried if that if I keep on doing it..years to come when I'm In my mid twenties there going to start and goof a bit.

Its late and I'm sat in bed deciding if I should put socks on my hands...
but the craving for my thumb is what I imagine the craving for a cigarette is like. Very stong!

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.boots.com/en/Stop-Grow-Stop-Biting_884/

That's the stuff I was on about, by the way.

Also, reading this forum, it seems to be very much a girl issue to suck your thumb past infancy - I wonder why that is!?
I'm 11 I've been sucking my thumb since I was a tiny baby but I really want to stop my family and my 3 best friends know that's it I don't want people making fun of me and I have a friend her mum suckers her thumb and I don't want end up like that at 37 years old and I'm still sucking my thumb and nothing work if I put something nasty on my thumb I just put it in my mouth anyway I ant get to sleep without my thumb and if u put some tape or a sock around my thumb I judt take it please please can u help me I'm desperate I'm serious NOTHING will work please please please I keep trying and trying and it's not working