The Student Room Group

What's this type of coat called?

Scroll to see replies

overcoat?
Reply 2
Looks like a Trench Coat to me. You can get really long Trench Coats, however it could also be an Overcoat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Flasher's mac?
Reply 4
Original post by Jamie95
Looks like a Trench Coat to me. You can get really long Trench Coats, however it could also be an Overcoat.

No it's not a trench coat I know that for certain. This is a trenchcoat:

Contrary to popular belief this is not a trenchoat either it is a duster.

I'll google overcoat and see if that tallies. Thanks for answering
Reply 5
Original post by Calllu-m
overcoat?

Nope, Google says this is an overcoat:

Thanks anyway

EDIT: Or maybe it's just another type of overcoat with no specific name?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7

Congratulations, your superior analytical powers of the mind have deduced that Google Images source their images from popular websites such as Marks & Spencer.
Reply 8
Original post by S.R
Congratulations, your superior analytical powers of the mind have deduced that Google Images source their images from popular websites such as Marks & Spencer.

Yup... That's how I roll. :cool:
Original post by S.R

I think the idea behind the link was to read the product description which may answer your question. That sarcasm wasn't called for.
Which tells you it is simply a 'long coat'.
Reply 11
Original post by Hustler-1337
I think the idea behind the link was to read the product description which may answer your question. That sarcasm wasn't called for.

So you think I never thought to click on the picture in google images to be taken to the website where it might give more information about the coat? Patronizing someone does call for sarcasm.
Reply 12
Original post by S.R

A dress.
Original post by S.R
So you think I never thought to click on the picture in google images to be taken to the website where it might give more information about the coat? Patronizing someone does call for sarcasm.

Well you did make a thread asking about it...
Reply 14
Original post by S.R

I'm sorry but, what's the whole point of this thread then if you already knew what type of coat it was?
Overcoat.
It's very long, that's what it is.
Reply 17
Original post by Jamie95
I'm sorry but, what's the whole point of this thread then if you already knew what type of coat it was?

Who said I know what type of coat it is? I don't.
Reply 18
The type you shouldn't buy if you're under the age of 30.
Original post by S.R

It's a possibility. You might have got the picture from a 3rd part site with no product description. Anyways, answering your question, I think that it's called an overcoat/long coat. The picture you posted of an overcoat is just one particular design of an overcoat, it's not the only overcoat. An overcoat is just a long coat which usually is about knee length or longer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending